Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi gents!

There is a chance I may be able to acquire an 076 super in a weeks time. I haven’t been quoted a price yet, I was just given a heads up that an old gentleman who can’t pull it over who owned it from new wants to get an electric saw. It’s in good condition, all OEM and original.

I won’t be using it for serious work, it will be a shelf queen 99% of the time and to start on the odd occasion and enjoy the sound. Have any of you got any thoughts on them or tried them?

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Legend saw here in Australia they are big heavy saw's will pull .404 in our hardwoods with ease they are torque monsters not a high revving saw.
Not so popular overseas with the timber being softer the slow revving torque of a 076 can't really be taken advantage of in softer timber a saw that pulls high revs seems to be the more popular choice there.
They don't show up for sale in good nick here very often the old clapped out one's you see for sale still seem to bring good money.
If you have an opportunity to get your hands on a nice 076 at a reasonable price jump on it.
Just my 2c

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Legend saw here in Australia they are big heavy saw's will pull .404 in our hardwoods with ease they are torque monsters not a high revving saw.
Not so popular overseas with the timber being softer the slow revving torque of a 076 can't really be taken advantage of in softer timber a saw that pulls high revs seems to be the more popular choice there.
They don't show up for sale in good nick here very often the old clapped out one's you see for sale still seem to bring good money.
If you have an opportunity to get your hands on a nice 076 at a reasonable price jump on it.
Just my 2c
Thanks mate that all makes a lot of sense :) ! For one in good condition, just marks from use and a crack in the cover that goes over the exhaust what would you estimate the price range to be?

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Runners in ok nick but done plenty of work seem to be going for around $700 to $900.
Nice low hr saw's the price starts going way up from there they are a very collectable saw for some now days.
I'm no expert on what saw's sell for as I don't sell or buy many old saw's am just going on what I've seen them selling for.

Here's one on Gumtree at this min it appears to of had a badly done restore/clean up on it to make it look less clapped than it really is lol
20200523_180540.jpg

Blurry pics are always a bad sign he is obviously very skilled at spray bombing things with cheap cans of spray paint lol
Screenshot_20200523-183037.jpg

Last edited:

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As you know we don't have cheap 2nd hand pro saws here like they do overseas
Clapped out ms170's with the rocked chain on backwards sell for $300 around me yes crazy they sell less new than that lol
Heres a nice 056 cheap not really but nice for it's age.
20200523_185012.jpg

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you for all the info :) I’ll be sure to keep you updated on how it goes and if I can get my hands on it :)