SELLING Stihl 045 trade

Trader history (0)

ursinykb24

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a stihl 045 here I have both styles of starter cover types two carborators both 50mm and 54mm set up just got a new rebuild kit for the older nasty carb. Have a new 54mm piston kit on the way should be here Monday or so if it gets here after trade I'll ship it separately and I'll pay for the shipping on it two styles of muffler the older style muffler needs the bottom holding bracket tack welded back on or single bed weld should be good I can't currently welder is out for the count. Has 404 spur sproket on it full wrap handlebar nice feeling spike set new intake boot oiler works as well as adjuster screw new gaskets even gas tank. And the original piston I removed still had machining lines on it only had 3 owners an older gentleman who I think had it ran it here and there and sat it in the barn wasn't rusty at all no bearing play either came with a little stihl chain catcher. Second owner was the eBay seller had it just sitting around in his basement as a project that just sat and I basically fixed about everything put good money into getting good parts have ran the new 50mm so it should be a bit more broken in but probably could use more use I do have both styles of ignition currently have the points type in it but sent it in new mechanic and he stripped the holes in the flywheel bottom half and didn't install the pice properly so no spark. That's the only problem I have currently with this saw looking to trade for an 80cc chainsaw cause I need a saw that can actually pull 404 on a 32 inch bar
32743fb82757a8da02b3357c7a24ae9e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Kensie1988

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a stihl 045 here I have both styles of starter cover types two carborators both 50mm and 54mm set up just got a new rebuild kit for the older nasty carb. Have a new 54mm piston kit on the way should be here Monday or so if it gets here after trade I'll ship it separately and I'll pay for the shipping on it two styles of muffler the older style muffler needs the bottom holding bracket tack welded back on or single bed weld should be good I can't currently welder is out for the count. Has 404 spur sproket on it full wrap handlebar nice feeling spike set new intake boot oiler works as well as adjuster screw new gaskets even gas tank. And the original piston I removed still had machining lines on it only had 3 owners an older gentleman who I think had it ran it here and there and sat it in the barn wasn't rusty at all no bearing play either came with a little stihl chain catcher. Second owner was the eBay seller had it just sitting around in his basement as a project that just sat and I basically fixed about everything put good money into getting good parts have ran the new 50mm so it should be a bit more broken in but probably could use more use I do have both styles of ignition currently have the points type in it but sent it in new mechanic and he stripped the holes in the flywheel bottom half and didn't install the pice properly so no spark. That's the only problem I have currently with this saw looking to trade for an 80cc chainsaw cause I need a saw that can actually pull 404 on a 32 inch bar
32743fb82757a8da02b3357c7a24ae9e.jpg

Beautiful saw! But if your wanting to pull .404 with a 32" bar easily, you might need something a little bigger than 80cc's depending on the wood your cutting.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 93cc magnum 2 would probably pull a 42” .404 easily. Very torquey. I can’t speak for the smaller bore versions though.

ursinykb24

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Beautiful saw! But if your wanting to pull .404 with a 32" bar easily, you might need something a little bigger than 80cc's depending on the wood your cutting.
The 87cc's from the 54mm pulls the 404 at 32 inches plenty well never had issues with it even the one slab I milled with it. Because my girlfriend wanted a live edge table lol I also run a 25 inch 404 tiger bar it's a heavy duty bar for sure lol probably going to list my pioneer 600 again

ursinykb24

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I usually cut walnut ornamental cherry and ashbore mainly hardwood never really had a problem with the power being good