High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stihl 026 bogging & over revving issues?

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Studs,

I've got a nice little 026 that was freshly rebuilt and I've only ran it for 15-20 minutes max.
Running 40:1 TrueFuel, good bar oil.

Today it took about 20 plus pulls to start, and when I was making some cuts into small firewood it started to over-rev while in and when I exited the cut (the chain kept spinning) after I let off the throttle, and then it started just bogging in the cuts at full & half throttle! This was not big wood...just small firewood...:(

Any ideas on whats going on & how to remedy it?
Clutch, sprocket issues...?

Thanks,
Reg

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
1:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like you have a air leak somewhere. Id start with inspecting the intake boot, impulse and fuel lines. Then if those check out I'd direct my attention to the base gasket and seals. Maybe do a pressure/ vac test if you can

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like you have a air leak somewhere. Id start with inspecting the intake boot, impulse and fuel lines. Then if those check out I'd direct my attention to the base gasket and seals. Maybe do a pressure/ vac test if you can
Thanks...that has been the most consistent problem I am hearing.

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A proper pressure test doesnt take that long to do and answers alot of questions quickly. Soapy water and a spray bottle.
Like Stump Shot says, start easy first. Check fuel line and filter. I am finding filters that look fine that are restricting fuel.