Stihl 011av parts?

r7000

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
have a hand-me-down stihl 011 saw, because parts couldn't be gotten for it to fix it.
Not sure what exactly was wrong, I believe it was running, it was well maintained, I think something to do with the chain oiler on it which was replaced with a takeoff from another saw or something.

question is... if I do figure out the problem(s) and want to put money into it to revive it is there a place to get parts for it? Going to the local [stihl] shop where it was being taken they were like it's too old parts no longer available and didn't want to put any effort into it.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
11:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe, your be looking At second hand parts for that model.

You will need to go over the basics, compression & no scoring on piston. Sparking and fuel.then It should run and the fun begins making sure it runs properly.
Ie no air leaks.

if you look around you will be able to find the manual to help you along
Here, ;)
http://thebakeliteradio.com/sawspares.com/009010011WorkshopManual.pdf

Last edited:

r7000

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
just so i understand... by second hand that means used stihl 011 model parts? And that would be from scouring ebay and craigslist?

There is no aftermarket china knockoff replacement parts available, that could be cross referenced, that are available from some website selling chainsaw parts?

Like when I did a piston ring on a husqv 4xx saw I think i got that from hlsproparts, they had cylinders, pistons, cranks, and that wasn't husqv factory original stuff... does anything like that exist for Stihl saws or no?

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
vague recall of someone in Europe that has a remedy for oiler problems. I am only posting this to prompt some one in the know to chime in.. He rebuilds them or something and IIRC has been fairly successful.

r7000

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
so all i think i need is a new clutch, drum, and bearing.

wanted to ask before i toss the saw, does any one know of those parts, from any other make/model saw, that would fit?

Like the thread of the crank is whatever, a clutch is a clutch and the sprocket is a sprocket, I just need something that fits.

without the bar+chain mounted, the saw starts and spins up. When the bar+chain is connected it brrts and does not move chain; u can see blueing on the clutch metal. would anyone be able to look up the part numbers of those few specific items that I might have a chance to cross reference it with anything else in the hopes of getting something to fit?

thanks.

r7000

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yeah i guess i should just searched on ebay for "stihl 011 clutch" there's a few. thanks.