High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stickering/Banding/Straping???? Used green treat...

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
7:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so the title says it all... I figured you all would have opinions...???

I have a bunch of used green treat that I need to store outside for 1-3 years... maybe more... we all know how projects get sidelined. Anyhow I have a bunch of 2x12 and 2x6 green treat from my deck and want to save it for projects to be named later. So the questions are...

1.) Do I sticker old wet green treat to let it dry?

2.) Do I want to band it together?

Both deck levels had 2x6 top boards (upper deck top already replaced) and the lower deck is getting demo’ed and replaced with a paver area for fire pit.. both levels are 14x14 approximately. So lots of good old green treat thats not today’s fast growth wood that rots immediately...
8280c84d69cf7838f02df50ff27233b7.jpg

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Band it
It'll warp otherwise

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sticker stack bandedid!

Mine rotted stacked tight on 12" block and covered on the top only. It was all new and got wet, my bad. The fungi did a number on most of it. The bottom was straight and mushy. The top is twisted and worthless. The plywood cover was a bad idea.

Get it up high and do it right. Use a metal cover or a roof over the stack would be best.

It was stacked for four years. I also lost half the treated ties 3x5.
I got sick...*s-word happens.

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Short one to the bottom , longest on top if there is a gap in the layer spread/divide it in the middle keep your outside looking purdy keep stickers directly over the one s under it with green lumber (Not meaning treated) start a sticker at the end and go in a foot and put another sticker, Then space accordingly. If an odd number of long vs. short boards is an issue set a short one or two in the middle of the layer but not the top layer. We used DRY Oak 1"x 1" stickers to prevent staining and rot green lumber. Your treated lumber would probably do OK with lath or whatever you choose. A taller bundle is better to a point and if needed a block spacer between bundles and be sure the blocks are over the stickers. Place the banding over stickers to prevent warping . Place a few 2x's on top of bundle to get under banding, that will hold the top level (prevent top from crowning). If your weather barrier is tin just screw it to these 2x's with roofing screws.
Bundles up on concrete or a ways up off the dirt fare best if not stored inside.
If one end is higher (doesn't need to be much) water will run off the end instead of the sides. As you are sticking used treated you could screw a sheet of tin on each side to help with weathering but remember to let it have a bit of air.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Short one to the bottom , longest on top if there is a gap in the layer spread/divide it in the middle keep your outside looking purdy keep stickers directly over the one s under it with green lumber (Not meaning treated) start a sticker at the end and go in a foot and put another sticker, Then space accordingly. If an odd number of long vs. short boards is an issue set a short one or two in the middle of the layer but not the top layer. We used DRY Oak 1"x 1" stickers to prevent staining and rot green lumber. Your treated lumber would probably do OK with lath or whatever you choose. A taller bundle is better to a point and if needed a block spacer between bundles and be sure the blocks are over the stickers. Place the banding over stickers to prevent warping . Place a few 2x's on top of bundle to get under banding, that will hold the top level (prevent top from crowning). If your weather barrier is tin just screw it to these 2x's with roofing screws.
Bundles up on concrete or a ways up off the dirt fare best if not stored inside.
If one end is higher (doesn't need to be much) water will run off the end instead of the sides. As you are sticking used treated you could screw a sheet of tin on each side to help with weathering but remember to let it have a bit of air.
:clap:

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys... I’m hoping it will only be a until spring that the wood is stored. I plan to use most of it when building my shop addition in the spring if possible...

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks guys... I’m hoping it will only be a until spring that the wood is stored. I plan to use most of it when building my shop addition in the spring if possible...
Don't use treated wood on your enclosed areas like walls and overhead. Base plates only if you must.