Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We recently had a little blow up over someone selling a rebuilt saw "AS IS" with the implication that regardless of whether or not they used inferior parts, or made a mistake on the build that if it sold they would in no way stand behind the saw.

Well.......that is not gonna work here.

I don't care how you word it gents.

If you build a saw......and you sell it here......you better damn well be willing to make good on it.

Now.....that's not to say that you have to provide a lifetime unlimited warranty either. But dammit, if you built it, you should always know what you're selling. If it's not worth standing behind, then sell it as a parts saw.

I sold a MS460 to @Bilge Rat a few months ago. Turns out it had some pitting on the bearings from sitting around in a damp environment, and after him using it awhile the PTO bearing let loose. I had Dennis send it back, and I fixed it. That was the right thing to do.....and I'd expect to be treated the same way if I bought a running saw from anyone else.

So......if you are gonna do business on this forum. Be willing to stand behind your stuff, or move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.