PJLink

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi All,

Need a little help. I need some files for 3/8" .063 square ground chain - NOBODY around me has any, and shipping from Baileys is way more than the cost of the files. Do any of you know of a place i can order online, or over the phone in the NY/CT/PA area?

Thanks in advance!

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
6:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve been looking, in the uk... I can only find one place “chainsawbars” that sells them and as everyone says their expensive little buggers...

so if anyone else knows other places, in Europe ish... please tell ;)

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
BTW...whats the best files for 3/8 & .325?
Gotta learn sooner or later!

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They’re all the same in double bevel pretty much!

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well square is a little faster but it's also a pain in the behind to file .You have to do it backwards,into the cutter not away as normal with a round ground chain .To make it cut really good you have to have three points correct.The working corner,side plate and top plate right on the money which is not that easy to do .
I think most of the west coast crowd carry extra loops and use a grinder on those chains .

stranter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve been looking, in the uk... I can only find one place “chainsawbars” that sells them and as everyone says their expensive little buggers...

so if anyone else knows other places, in Europe ish... please tell ;)

Yea only place I’ve found in the UK was chainsawbars, they only had the triangle files.
I got a dozen SaveEdge double bevels sent over from US. Pm me your address and I’ll send you one if you want.

I would really like to try a vallorbe file if anyone has any they are willing to send to the UK?

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea only place I’ve found in the UK was chainsawbars, they only had the triangle files.
I got a dozen SaveEdge double bevels sent over from US. Pm me your address and I’ll send you one if you want.

I would really like to try a vallorbe file if anyone has any they are willing to send to the UK?

@dolkiafreak he’s probably send you some for actual shipping. A small envelope with them shouldn’t be that much.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thanks I will take you up on that very kind offer.:campeon: I'll send a pm:)

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need to look into the square file thing, ie lack of sellers in the uk... and little if any choices. It seems like some I not all the Swiss made stuff goes to the US and has to come all the way back:rolleyes:

Junkyard

Can’t have too many saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Frawley’s in Iowa has Pferd brand for square. I have one of each style. They’ll do their part if I do mine lol. It’s under the chain grinders and file tab.

Loggerchain.net

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well square is a little faster but it's also a pain in the behind to file .You have to do it backwards,into the cutter not away as normal with a round ground chain .To make it cut really good you have to have three points correct.The working corner,side plate and top plate right on the money which is not that easy to do .
I think most of the west coast crowd carry extra loops and use a grinder on those chains .

You have to remember we are falling timber everyday and sometimes paid off of Bushels or scale so there’s no time to file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radio

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Need a little help. I need some files for 3/8" .063 square ground chain - NOBODY around me has any, and shipping from Baileys is way more than the cost of the files.

I see the Pferd files at Bailey's are $14 for the triangle and $15 for the flat ones. The twelve packs are either $140 or $150. Shipping should be a flat $10 per order under 50 pounds.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag