Splitter was worth the wait

Firewood Bandit

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
3 years ago I wanted this builder to make me a splitter. He bought a new place and had to build a new shop and being a family man was unable to start building splitters again. I struggled along satisfactorily with a 22 Ton Fast cycle Iron and Oak Commercial unit. It was OK but this one is something special.

It has a # of features:
Folding log table to save about 20" of space
Folding tongue to save about 30" of space
30" stroke with a limiter to whatever you want it to be. For example if running 16", stop stroke at 19".
The hydro filter is the same one that goes on JD giant fertilizer machines and is rated for 125 GPM. The assembling goes all to the bottom of the tank and goes through a diffuser. The tank has two more sets of baffles that the fluid has to draw from the bottom. (heat rises)
Special dump valves to increase flow on return to around 50 GPM
Handles interestate speeds
Tons of storageDSCF0011.JPG DSCF0012.JPG DSCF0013.JPG DSCF0014.JPG DSCF0015.JPG

Firewood Bandit

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That truly looks like one dandy of a splitter, be hard to ask for much more I would think as it seems very well thought out.

What he said^^^^^! Fanciest one I’ve ever seen.

Thanks for the kind words. The guy who builds them Alex, of A.E. Metalwerx is the best welder I have ever seen. A real craftsman. The machine was rendered on a 3D CAD drawing beforehand.
There is considerable thought put into the hydraulics too. The other day when temps were around 65 degrees, the tank hit a peak temp of 110 degrees after 3 hours of running.

Firewood Bandit

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So what museum is this going in?

I buy things to use. Most of the paint is of the wedges and the top plate. The log table and lift is pretty scraped up too.

Gotta say, it works great.

Before the build I was wondering about putting a hydro cooler on. The builder said, "don't need it". He was correct, in 65 degree outside temps, the hydro oil tank was at 110 degrees after 3 hours of running. It actually should be warmer for optimum use.

Firewood Bandit

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice...Cadillac of a splitter!

Thanks, It is funny how ones priorities change. Now days I get little joy out of having a new SUV. I get much more enjoyment out of mowers/tractors and pro line saws and splitter. I sure spend a lot more enjoyable time using them to than an automobile.