High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Splitter Wars 2020

94BULLITT

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Splitter Wars is a collaboration between 8 YouTubers. There are 7 different types of splitters and a maul. This is not a competition. It is a demonstration of different types of splitters. Hopefully this will help people figure out what kind of splitter they need.

Here is the line up:
Splitting maul
Brave Dual Split
Wolfe Ridge 28 Pro
Eastonmade 12-22
Homemade Box Wedge
Splitfire 3403
Homemade Tractor PTO powered 44GPM pump
Split Second Kinetic

The Rules:
Split a facecord/ 1/3 cord of wood
The wood has to be a hardwood
The wood should be 12-15'' in diameter and 16'' in length

Here is the playlist of all of our videos:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLm_rRiAZ8w7uX4gfWPH0wgILCCbWSRpMX

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You have to watch it to find out.

The split second is comparable. It has twin 90lb flywheels.
Split Second damn sure didn’t stick around in the flywheel market long. I should’ve bought the manual log lift which bolts onto the SS’s, but dicked around and didn’t get one. I see DR still has kinetics, but they had some serious pinion gear problems when they first came on the scene. These folks just couldn’t hang with the SuperSplits.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Split Second damn sure didn’t stick around in the flywheel market long. I should’ve bought the manual log lift which bolts onto the SS’s, but dicked around and didn’t get one. I see DR still has kinetics, but they had some serious pinion gear problems when they first came on the scene. These folks just couldn’t hang with the SuperSplits.
I’ve got the log lift, I don’t use it. Got all the hardware in a bag ..........

PJLink

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How about a timberwolf??? obviously expensive, but id be curious to see them in this mix.

94BULLITT

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Split Second had/has a hate group. Every time someone would ask about people would bash them. I think the Super Split owners were jealous that it is an improved design. What do you mean, DR or DR and Split Second can't hang with a Super Split? The Split Second has twin 90lb flywheels that turn the same RPM as Super Split HD. It has better bearings for the rack. How could there be a performance difference?

How about a timberwolf??? obviously expensive, but id be curious to see them in this mix.
I got people that I knew, or friends of friends from this collaboration. I don't know anyone with a TW. Which timber wolf, the Alpha?

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Split Second had/has a hate group. Every time someone would ask about people would bash them. I think the Super Split owners were jealous that it is an improved design. What do you mean, DR or DR and Split Second can't hang with a Super Split? The Split Second has twin 90lb flywheels that turn the same RPM as Super Split HD. It has better bearings for the rack. How could there be a performance difference?

I got people that I knew, or friends of friends from this collaboration. I don't know anyone with a TW. Which timber wolf, the Alpha?
I have a TW 6 that I put about 400 hrs on and a pair or SS that run like SOBs. Two of the most "service free" and hell for stout built machines I've operated. All of these Splitter options depends on the wood supply available and the amount of labor you intend to employ. Me running my TW6 alone is a waste of money. Me with my 17 yo son fly through a cord of firewood. By myself with smaller stock my SS hangs with my TW volume wise.
One size does NOT fit all purposes. These "direct" competitions don't impress me much until I have about 50 hours on a splitter.

PJLink

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ahh, ok, makes sense. Alpha 5 or 6. The HD looks nuts. An old TW6 or TW7 would be great too, kinda bucket list machines for me LOL.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I did like some of the design features that the Split Second splitters brought to the table. But when you’re in the flywheel kinetic market...sometimes trying to out-do the best simply doesn’t work. And DR will eventually go the same. We can beat this dead horse ten ways to hell. When it’s all said and done, adding/stacking, crunching the numbers...Super Split will still be the best flywheel splitter on this rock. And my Super Split HD ain’t jealous of no splitter, unless you bring a big, bad ass TW or other wood processor around. I’ve got a 20-ton dual split with 4-way slip on wedge and a 7 sec cycle time each way...it can’t keep up with my SS HD at times depending on wood type.

Nonetheless...every splitter does it’s job...just a matter of how quick you wanna do it.