Spike's Retirement Sale

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy boys. I ran this idea by Randy earlier in the year and with the calendar moving along nicely, we're going to have ourselves a little retirement sale. Going to close the store at the end of the year and the long range plan is to e-bay all of the remaining. NLA/NOS Husky and Jonny parts we've accumulated over the years. But the short range plan is to give all the members here first crack at this stuff. Like to see these parts find a good home where they will actually be used.

There are some gems, that I suppose would warrant an individual posting. There are some things that I stashed away that I'll never use. You know how the collection gets out of hand. Set aside a P&C for a saw "just in case" and then you end up with 6 of those saws and you'll never wear them out.

For the most part, I think the protocol ought to be to send me a PM first with what you might need to finish a project/build and avoid the phone until we know what we are doing. (It rings enough as it is ;) )

Practically nothing on 2100 stuff before anyone goes in that direction. Fairly strong in the 2xx series stuff. There's a lot of decent used parts that would be a good alternative in the absence of new. 242 chassis starters would be an example of that. New ones are NLA, but I have 8-9 used ones that are in decent shape. New rope and off ya go. Lot of mounts; springs. Same goes for the Jonsered parts. Have some of those many oddball fuel and oil caps that they have used over the years, not that I'm looking to sell a single oil cap, but we got 'em.

As this gets going the lack of professionalism in our "shipping department" may occasionally cause delays. (say, Dollar General runs out of packing tape.) But we'll figure it out.

Not being on as much lately is mostly about my antique computer no longer being able to load the site at home, so responses will mostly be during business hours.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy boys. I ran this idea by Randy earlier in the year and with the calendar moving along nicely, we're going to have ourselves a little retirement sale. Going to close the store at the end of the year and the long range plan is to e-bay all of the remaining. NLA/NOS Husky and Jonny parts we've accumulated over the years. But the short range plan is to give all the members here first crack at this stuff. Like to see these parts find a good home where they will actually be used.

There are some gems, that I suppose would warrant an individual posting. There are some things that I stashed away that I'll never use. You know how the collection gets out of hand. Set aside a P&C for a saw "just in case" and then you end up with 6 of those saws and you'll never wear them out.

For the most part, I think the protocol ought to be to send me a PM first with what you might need to finish a project/build and avoid the phone until we know what we are doing. (It rings enough as it is ;) )

Practically nothing on 2100 stuff before anyone goes in that direction. Fairly strong in the 2xx series stuff. There's a lot of decent used parts that would be a good alternative in the absence of new. 242 chassis starters would be an example of that. New ones are NLA, but I have 8-9 used ones that are in decent shape. New rope and off ya go. Lot of mounts; springs. Same goes for the Jonsered parts. Have some of those many oddball fuel and oil caps that they have used over the years, not that I'm looking to sell a single oil cap, but we got 'em.

As this gets going the lack of professionalism in our "shipping department" may occasionally cause delays. (say, Dollar General runs out of packing tape.) But we'll figure it out.

Not being on as much lately is mostly about my antique computer no longer being able to load the site at home, so responses will mostly be during business hours.
Thanks for the opportunity, hopefully ya can sell most here , because EBay selling fees have gotten out of hand and only going to get worse.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Inbound PM sir. No hurry just put me on the clearinghouse list. Try to keep up with logging, trains, build, and boat vid's. They have been very helpful to me. Most of all enjoy this next life stage!!

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Will do

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You're too young to retire Bob!

Retirement with a small "r" Steve. Got plenty to do, but 6 days a week here in the store is over. Actually, that's what's in the way of all the other stuff. What I used to get done in a day and a 1/2 on the weekend now takes the better part of the week. :)

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
10:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Retirement with a small "r" Steve. Got plenty to do, but 6 days a week here in the store is over. Actually, that's what's in the way of all the other stuff. What I used to get done in a day and a 1/2 on the weekend now takes the better part of the week. :)

I hear ya there, slowing down isn't always necessarily fun, I reckon if a fella can do it as gracefully as possible while topping off that bucket list of life, there's not much more you can ask for. May you do well on your journey and get to do and go do everything on your list.
Speaking of lists, I guess I better check and make out a parts wish list pretty soon...

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bob best of luck in retirement and in your new adventures!

You have been a wealth of knowledge over the years, saying it as is, no sugar coating it.

Too bad that someone could not take over such a reputable operation.

When one chapter closes, another opens, with better opportunities.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Having fun digging through the old stuff for you guys. Good to see even the used junk being useful for some of your projects.

To clear up an impression that a couple guys have, this isn't a "going out of business" sale with insane deals. Especially with the NLA collector stuff. Pricing there is based on contemporary/equivalent to current parts. New 670/630 top handles would be priced the same as a 372 handle.

As far as new saws go, I can barely get enough saws to keep the shelves loaded here in the store, so again, no deals there either. The used stuff is cheap of course, and it's amazing how much of it accumulates in 30 years. Don't be surprised to find some extra stuff in the box. Anybody within driving distance would have some fun here.

Payment is only call the store with a M/C or Visa number. Traditionally haven't done much online biz, so we don't have any electronic options like paypal.

Got a camera charging and I might post some stuff later.

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hopefully you will gracefully glide into Retirement (With a BIG "R"). TWAS Easy for me but 20 years to early. I never quit working just quit letting the clock dictate the schedule. I will send a PM.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thx. for the smooth transaction Bob. Much appreciated!!

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After working 6 and 7 days a week often 12 hour days for decades .Since I retired I thought I'd have time on my hands .Wrongo Mary Lou .I now wonder how I ever got things done prior .However in 4 or 5 hour days you don't get as much done . I'll be 3/4 of a century old next b-day So I suppose father time might have something to do with that .