Spark plugs loosing spark

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
11:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While back my generator wouldnt start so i checked the plug and no spark. no big deal put a new one in and good to go. Put maybe 2 to 3 hours on new plug go to start generator and it fires write up and stalls when it ran out of fuel cause i forgot to turn it on lol. Go to refire and nothing. Not even an attemp. Check spark again and nothing. Another new plug and off it goes. What would cause this. Never had a motor eat plugs like this. It is a little carboned up. Maybe that? I have seen worse carboned plug still have lots of spark.
227f7b3bdecb1f006e83e6cab7f06431.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It could be your plug wire is arcing which I've seen cause a no spark condition as soon as the plug builds a little more resistance. Look for burn marks on the wire
Try wrapping the wire in electrical tape and see if that cures it. If it does, time for a new wire.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never thought of that. Will have a look at it tomorrow.
Thanks

I was also thinking of trying that plug on another engine to see if it the plug crapped out too.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
10:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When a plug gets "fowled" it basically gets a path to ground way up in the plug. Heating and drying will usually bring it back. If this is a repeat occurrence on an engine it may be running too rich and needs to be leaned out or heat range changed to be corrected.