High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a tree service that's been wanting an 026 to climb with when his ms200t isn't quite enough. I told him to stick an 18" on his MS360 and be done.. but he insists on an 026... OK. (I hate the 026 choke setup.)

Well I finally found a clean low hour carcass and with help from DDave I have parts on the way to build an mostly OEM 026.

Now I've had a few 026s before and an MS260. None have been real power houses and I personally think stock 18" / .325 setup is about all they want. The oiler and small clutch bearing combined with a bit peaky power.. it's a small saw.

I'm building this saw and know how they [tree service] treat them.. was just going to stick a cheap bar on it and let them bend/mangle/destroy it and then they can buy what ever they care for. After the owner laughed and laughed at my Raisman bar on my MSG360 "Malaysian Lady", I figured I'd ask if he did not want me to put a bar on as it would be a cheap one or find a nice new bar and charge accordingly. He responded he didn't want .325 ... no no.. 3/8 .050 bar for him. I tried explaining and he won't hear anything of it. If I was climbing I'd want a 3/8LP aka Picco setup on it. I guess I'll give him what he wants... the customer is always right aren't they?

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The owner is THE climber. He can have it anyway he wants it... his checks always clear.
Then don't bother teaching him his job! (Not meant disrespectful towards You in any way!!!)

When he comes to You with ideas that make sense in HIS mind, and You are able to accommodate even if it doesn't make sense to You - just smile, give him a price and be happy with the cash flow.

With any other customer that You assume or know has little to no chainsaw runtime - out Your opinions and concerns!

nickw

A Legend in my own mind
Local time
5:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What does he run on his 200T?

Picco is where it's at
I run a 16"/8 picco setup on an 026 that @awol modified and ported for me. Now that is a fun machine. Haven't checked the RPM but it screams and with an 8 on it the fur really flies. It can be bogged down pretty easy but it sure is fun. It has the only Husky part I own, it's got a husky piston but I try not to hold it against it. Got a cool looking muffler mod also.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's a bit too it I suppose....I know in the hardwoods I cut Picco on a high spinning saw isn't the best work setup, it dulls quick and has too thin of a kerf. Its great on green limbs on a pole saw or TH but the guy may want bigger more durable chain when blocking down, I get that, he's the one harnessed up god knows how many feet in the air with that chain spinning less than 3ft from his face. Don't matter how stupid someone is if they have earned their paycheck climbing trees for years they know what works for them.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve had a couple stock 026s pull 18-20” 3/8 chain well enough.
In the tree, compared to his top handle, I’d bet an 026/260 will do what he needs and expects.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve had a couple stock 026s pull 18-20” 3/8 chain well enough.
In the tree, compared to his top handle, I’d bet an 026/260 will do what he needs and expects.
This is true...but give it time his groundies will grab it and beat it.

I tried to talk him into a new saw... he wants what he wants...

He's a full time fire fighter and tree work on the side. Guess they have some 026s at the station.. parts are on the way...we will see.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
11:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ummm, too many answers, for too many unknown questions.., or better put the other way round.
But having said that, I,d just say my reasons for why I thought it was better, and listen to the customer and say,,, it’s your choice, ... and smile and give him want he wants.. then if he comes back,,,,,, smile and say nothing about “I told you so”... just say ok how do you want to proceed,,, and smile.