PAST Solsticefest 2018

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
10:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
sorry im a little late getting this posted, but ill be having another gtg this year. Date is set for December 15. I always like to preface this event by stating the obvious, the weather is unpredicatble up here this time of year and so we could get 16” of snow and piss in my cheerios but oh well. More info to come, but its usually a pretty simple gtg: food, fire, beer, and some chainsaws mixed in there somewhere. Planning to have some square wood for playing and enough wood for lots of other cutting. I usually make chili and cheesy taters, more food usually ends up appearing as well. Open invite to anyone willing to make the trip, accomodations are limited, though i plan to ha e a few beds set up upstairs in the barn for some to crash if they choose. Also have a shed in the yard thats pretty cozy and clean actually. Ill keep this updated and add some pics as things develop.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
10:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah i think there was some bigger stuff left. I have 6-8’ pieces of basswood about 28” diameter waiting to be milled. Some of its a little punky but itll be good, think ill be cutting a couple decent sized poplars in the next couple weeks too.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like your style, a gtg when the weather is actually enjoyable! I hate the heat let alone cutting wood in it. To bad you are so far away! People in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa take notes, right now is great weather for a gtg!