High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Show me your chainsaw carrier

old iron

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Got this on clearance at cabals a while back for about nothing it’s ok but would like to see what you fellas are using3C4F9C00-AA61-43B9-8488-2B8F53F04111.jpeg

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not a real good poc of it. And ther a spot on the backnrack for 2 more saws.
d8d575517773001d45c2c893c0653780.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got this on clearance at cabals a while back for about nothing it’s ok but would like to see what you fellas are usingView attachment 215080

I think if that were mine, I'd want the power head on the inside of the loader arms. Or maybe in a different spot altogether. Just looks a little exposed right there. Of course, your luck may be entirely different than mine.

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't have pictures, but a buddy has 2 sleeves made of wood mounted on each rear fender of his tractor. The top two are mounted at a 45* upward angle. The two below them at a 30* upward angle. Slide the saw blade into the sleeve and they are not in the way. The sleeves can be made to any length. When we go skidding, he can carry 4 saws.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't have pictures, but a buddy has 2 sleeves made of wood mounted on each rear fender of his tractor. The top two are mounted at a 45* upward angle. The two below them at a 30* upward angle. Slide the saw blade into the sleeve and they are not in the way. The sleeves can be made to any length. When we go skidding, he can carry 4 saws.

Sounds kinda like @alleyyooper's setup. Maybe he'll show us some pics.

old iron

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
And so while I was at it welded a couple pipes for my tools with handles.08C5B96B-DF16-409F-8269-B343AB1EA6BB.jpeg

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I made some more mods to the Bota for working in the woods. Have room for the sledge, (Wedges are in the real tool box.) splitting maul, timber jack, and a pry pole.

Real tool box.

Ya I have alread heard about the lights being blocked. I guess those people never used a Front loader on their tractor as the light thing sucks with a FL.

I have a plan to install ROPS lighting forward and rear along with a back up camera, once I settle on a montior for my open station tractor.

:D Al

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is a pic of the carier on back rack too.
It holds two there and one on front rack. One day i will take my seat thing off back rack and take a better pic with atv all loaded. Thers also a fuel can and oil carier too.
b5c0753711c7655bce471696c43e60f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I finally made one for my tractor. Bought the Kubota six years ago last week. Let's just say I waited about six years longer than I should have to rig this up! It's just a cutoff from a laminated 6x6 post that I bored into with a saw. I added a hanger on the back side, so the weight is supported by the loader post. 4 locating screws to hold it side to side, and a ratchet strap to secure everything. After I got the saw in there, I used some leftover scrap material to make wedge and axe holders. I always like to have a wedge with me, but don't like them in my pockets on the tractor.P_20200106_103957_LL_compress23.jpg P_20200106_103837_LL_compress8.jpg P_20200106_103852_LL_compress87.jpg P_20200106_103912_LL_compress66.jpg

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This was my first version of saw holders (and trailer mover, weight box, log drag, all in one unit) for the tractor. Worked well but I bought a Wallenstein 3pt winch.

4829AC6C-5EAD-4296-B70C-8B1714CA5664.jpeg

Loved having the winch but lost my storage I had with the home built one. So, I built some chain bin/saw holder/felling lever/timber tong holders for the winch. Used 1/4” flat stock for the structure and 1/2” uhmw for the scabbards. The upper section is removable if it’s not needed. It keeps the bar out of the dirt if I have anything longer than 28” to take along.

43A988BE-E74F-4249-8A4D-C5FB7322EDE3.jpeg
768E7C06-53FE-4F23-ACFE-0A27CC7DA2BF.jpeg
3E7667D5-DF1C-49D2-9C23-02AC32E90F01.jpeg

Then decided I needed more than 2 saws at a time and the ability to have a saw and axe/maul on the tractor if the winch wasn’t on. Loader frame was the best place I could come up with. There’s one on each loader mast.

5696D2A3-F7A2-490B-B5A0-CC737C08D88A.jpeg

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

highland_hunter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is a very nice set-up. Any additional info on how you accomplished this? ie all homemade, modifications from off the shelf products, etc Looks like a combination of all the above.

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is a very nice set-up. Any additional info on how you accomplished this? ie all homemade, modifications from off the shelf products, etc Looks like a combination of all the above.
With the exception of the winch itself (and safety screen) It’s all homemade. Last winter was spent building tractor toys. I built a grapple for it as well as a quick detach ROPS mounted tool box and some light guards, swiveling light mounts and a small tool tray to mimic the looks of 4th/5th valve setup on the other side of the ROPS.

The scabbards are made from 1/2” sheets of uhmw I bought on Amazon. They’re roughly 6.5” wide, 20” long. The spacer strips are around 1” wide, creating a 4.5” x 1/2” slot the bar slides into. Its easy to work with. Treat it just like wood. I drilled/tapped the vertical outer side of the chain boxes and used 4 or 5 (per edge) flat Allen head bolts to attach them as well as hold the scabbards together. The loader frame saw holders started as short sections of box tubing to act as tool holders. I then welded up a framework that bolts to the axe holders, 2 bolts into tapped holes on each loop. The lower mounts are recessed behind the scabbard mount plate. They get fastened and then the scabbards get bolted on. The scabbards are made the same way as the others, but I used washers/nuts on the four corners because I made the mounting plates smaller to save on material and it makes it easier to take them off if necessary as they stay in one piece. The plywood spacer in the pic with the 200t was temporary. I replaced it with a piece of 3/4” delrin after that pic was taken. I had to drill/tap two holes in the loader mast to attach the lower mounts. I hated to drill into the casting but I feel confident that it’s not weakening it.

The holders on the screen are just round stock (iirc, 3/8”) that I heated and bent to shape, then welded brackets on to attach them. The lower axe handle holders are quick-fist rubber holders I set into a piece of angle iron and ran one bolt through the screen frame to hold them on. The tab sticking off of them is a section of tubing I welded on to keep them from rotating on the single bolt. It tucks under the lowest part of the screen grid and hugs the tube frame in the other direction. The wedge holder is a piece of 1”x3/16” flat stock with small quarter- sections of tubing welded on the ends where the bolt to the screen frame. The center section I used coupling nuts in place of regular ones to hold the screen to the winch frame from the back side and then bolted the wedge holder through into the other end of the coupling nuts. This way, the screen can be bolted on and tightened down and then the wedge rail can be installed.

The helmet holder is two pieces of 1/4” flat stock. I clamped them together and drilled through the middle along the seam to form a trough on each side that cradles the round stock on the existing screen. Then drilled a hole through the center, tapped the back plate and one bolt through the center holds it tight and it can not rotate either.

I had a ton of pics but they got scrambled when my phone died and transferred stuff to new phone. I still have a bunch, but I don’t want to hijack the thread completely.

Unless y’all want more pics.