STIHL Shop Small

BlackGreyhound

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run mostly Stihl and Echo OPE because that's what my local small engine shop carries. I don't mind supporting him and his shop because he provides awesome customer support and service if I need it. He usually teaches me to fix my own OPE rather than charge me for repairs.Today, I went in to pick up a 28" ES light bar and a loop of 33RS91 chain I had ordered from him for $100 (great price already). While I was there, he threw in a loop of 33RSL91 square chisel chain because, "it was sitting around the shop collecting dust."
PXL_20220608_002539126.jpg

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
4:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run mostly Stihl and Echo OPE because that's what my local small engine shop carries. I don't mind supporting him and his shop because he provides awesome customer support and service if I need it. He usually teaches me to fix my own OPE rather than charge me for repairs.Today, I went in to pick up a 28" ES light bar and a loop of 33RS91 chain I had ordered from him for $100 (great price already). While I was there, he threw in a loop of 33RSL91 square chisel chain because, "it was sitting around the shop collecting dust."
View attachment 339693
That's a hella good price! My dealer said the previous list price for a 28" lite bar was $200, who knows what Stihl's latest price list would put it at!

BlackGreyhound

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a hella good price! My dealer said the previous list price for a 28" lite bar was $200, who knows what Stihl's latest price list would put it at!
I forgot to mention, this price was in addition to purchasing an MS661 powerhead, cash. I think he got his profit from the PHO, even though that was a good price, too. Seriously though, I really think he just had a 91 dl chain loop hanging around, so he threw that in too.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
4:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Msrp on a 36 lite a year ago was $147. I think your dealer is fibbing a bit lol
I think the mistake is on my end. Apparently Stihl sends out pricing lists on a semi-regular basis (ie more than once a year), and the 32" lite bar I got in January was ~$145, but since then the price Stihl recommends has gone way up. The guy told me that Stihl had just sent him another pricing list but he hadn't updated the prices in his computer system just yet. From what I understood him to say Stihl has upped their suggested prices several times since January.