mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to bug yall but I need help with replacing the seals on a Makita DCS 6401 saw Are there 2 different seal for this saw . Parts brake down shows two different part numbers. Then on some parts sites it has one number? Does the crank have a lip on it that you have to get the seal over? I heard about using a negative wrapped around the crank so you can slide the seal over the lip. Is this correct? Where in the hell would I get a negative? Is there a special tool for installing the seals on the crank? Thank you for any help

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry to bug yall but I need help with replacing the seals on a Makita DCS 6401 saw Are there 2 different seal for this saw . Parts brake down shows two different part numbers. Then on some parts sites it has one number? Does the crank have a lip on it that you have to get the seal over? I heard about using a negative wrapped around the crank so you can slide the seal over the lip. Is this correct? Where in the hell would I get a negative? Is there a special tool for installing the seals on the crank? Thank you for any help
Soda pop or water bottle has the thin plastic. Get rid of the bur or you will wish you did. Trimming with scissors helps roll that edge inward. Go slow and grease up the seal lip.
PTO side can be a pia. Don't knock out the seal spring!

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What does PTO stand for? Power take off?

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
11:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yes, that means clutch side.