seal area

husydavid

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ive got a 365 sp husqvarna that had a leaking PTO seal , while removing seal i realized that someone had damaged the OD of the seal pocket! There's a gouge on the OD of the pocket, that was the reason for the leak! has anyone had any experience in repairing a bad seal pocket? Today i used some JB weld and filled in the gouge and sanded it smooth.
im going to colt the seal with dioko red sealant. im hoping it will work!

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ive got a 365 sp husqvarna that had a leaking PTO seal , while removing seal i realized that someone had damaged the OD of the seal pocket! There's a gouge on the OD of the pocket, that was the reason for the leak! has anyone had any experience in repairing a bad seal pocket? Today i used some JB weld and filled in the gouge and sanded it smooth.
im going to colt the seal with dioko red sealant. im hoping it will work!
I have had the same problem. I would recommend a thin coating of egg then push the seal in.
With all my seals, call me paranoid, but I put a small amount of red nail polish to fill the gap between the race and outer seal edge. Of course the surface needs to be grease/oil free.
I have heard of some people using red loctite in the same fashion but have no personal experience with that