Sawmikaze raffle thread, drawing September 3rd

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone here have any knowledge on recovering from a left vertebral artery dissection ??? I've called three times and left messages requesting do's and don'ts and have not heard a peep back... WTF

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haven't been on in a while, sucks to here you got wacked by a big log!! At least it sounds like it didn't mess up your grill... :biggrin:
I'll see what i can kick in, things are a bit snug here. Just getting back into my groove after a year of recovery and spent the weekend in the ICU. Now I'm supposed to do nothing for another 3 mos!!! I'm already going nuts after 2 days.

I've been wondering where you were....

Anyone here have any knowledge on recovering from a left vertebral artery dissection ??? I've called three times and left messages requesting do's and don'ts and have not heard a peep back... WTF

A left vertebral artery dissection is a rare cause of a stroke.....is this what happened to you?

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been wondering where you were....

A left vertebral artery dissection is a rare cause of a stroke.....is this what happened to you?

Yes. Miracle I didn't actually suffer a major stroke, BP was 200/124 for hours. Two doses of IV morphine made no difference in pain. A following dose of dillaudid (sp.?) eased it enough to lean back onto almost upright bed but still couldn't lay my head back.
Discharge papers said not to ride roller coasters, do any heavy lifting or anything strenuous until follow up vascular appointment, in 3 months. Pretty vague in my eyes...
My guess would be that the damage was done in the MVA I was involved in a little over a year ago. I believe the most common cause of this condition is whiplash.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes. Miracle I didn't actually suffer a major stroke, BP was 200/124 for hours. Two doses of IV morphine made no difference in pain. A following dose of dillaudid (sp.?) eased it enough to lean back onto almost upright bed but still couldn't lay my head back.
Discharge papers said not to ride roller coasters, do any heavy lifting or anything strenuous until follow up vascular appointment, in 3 months. Pretty vague in my eyes...
My guess would be that the damage was done in the MVA I was involved in a little over a year ago. I believe the most common cause of this condition is whiplash.

You're a lucky man Mark.