Saw storage, show us the home of your hoard

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday was moving day for my saw shed.Originally a Pennsylvania Railroad piggy back trailer. My Tyco railroad set had some when i was a kid.
This trailer has been in our family since the 80's,i bought it to fill with building supplies when we remodeled a store into a motel,then pulled it up the Alaska Highway from Edmonton
Then it became a parts/tool trailer when we gold mined in Northern B.C.,after the B.C. government expropriated our gold mine it sat for years with remnants of our mining stuff till it was almost empty.The roof started to buckle from snow loads.My brother didn't want to have any part of it and suggested towing it to the dump.
I had one of the guys that was working for me one summer replace the roof supports with some sign posts that fit perfectly.
Then i claimed it for a saw shack,which i needed by then.
The Kenworth is my Highway truck,it has a winch, Cat 3406, 18 speed ,triple lockers,air ride.Almost my favorite tractorphoto0419.jpg photo0420.jpg to date.
Thomas

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday was moving day for my saw shed.Originally a Pennsylvania Railroad piggy back trailer. My Tyco railroad set had some when i was a kid.
This trailer has been in our family since the 80's,i bought it to fill with building supplies when we remodeled a store into a motel,then pulled it up the Alaska Highway from Edmonton
Then it became a parts/tool trailer when we gold mined in Northern B.C.,after the B.C. government expropriated our gold mine it sat for years with remnants of our mining stuff till it was almost empty.The roof started to buckle from snow loads.My brother didn't want to have any part of it and suggested towing it to the dump.
I had one of the guys that was working for me one summer replace the roof supports with some sign posts that fit perfectly.
Then i claimed it for a saw shack,which i needed by then.
The Kenworth is my Highway truck,it has a winch, Cat 3406, 18 speed ,triple lockers,air ride.Almost my favorite tractorView attachment 36846 View attachment 36848 to date.
Thomas

Where are the money pictures Thomas? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Christmas Day i usually try to master the computer and post a few pic's.I did manage to download them to somewhere i could find them.
My phone takes crappy pic's,but is easy to down load and send pic's from. My camera keeps using different software so i have to relearn or reguess the process.
Anyhow here are a few pic's of the storage van's contents.
This is where i keep the rescued saws that i haven't had time to check out.120.JPG 121.JPG 122.JPG 123.JPG

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Christmas Day i usually try to master the computer and post a few pic's.I did manage to download them to somewhere i could find them.
My phone takes crappy pic's,but is easy to down load and send pic's from. My camera keeps using different software so i have to relearn or reguess the process.
Anyhow here are a few pic's of the storage van's contents.
This is where i keep the rescued saws that i haven't had time to check out.View attachment 46437 View attachment 46438 View attachment 46440 View attachment 46441

Wow...I could stay in there for days!! Lol.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My shed is a terrible mess...my storage area as well as my laundry shed. Took a pic earlier...a little embarrassed to throw a pic on here..but it's what I have to work with until I get my garage built...
IMG_2355.JPG
4 shelves full at the moment...

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So i thought i might break down and buy a chainsaw hoard from a guy i know.So i put up more shelves in my van.I ended up passing on the hoard,but was able to buy a few saw from him. Got a couple of Mac gear drives,Mall 6 a piped Mac race saw,a Mc20 Kart engin,005.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 001.JPG and a Echo twin.
But now i have 75 lineal feet of new shelving to fill. Still have another 20 ft to install. A shot of the old full shelves
So the Homelite C family relocated for the winter.along with a few cousins.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
8:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All my running stuff fits in a large filing cabinet I took the front flip up doors off except for my Dads Mac 610's, which are on a different shelf.
I got nothing compared to you guys!

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was how Sawbones (Ric) managed his collection - he made some rolling saw shops out of full-size semi-tractor trailers. It was very impressive when he was going full-bore. I think he's pretty well gotten rid of his stuff though.

I accompanied him on one of his very large buys in 2007 - an entire old saw warehouse that was part of an estate sale. There were hundreds of saws, motors, crates full of parts, drag saws, grinders - you name it.
It was one of the most amazing things I'd ever seen - an old guy spent 60 years accumulating the stuff.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
9:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So i thought i might break down and buy a chainsaw hoard from a guy i know.So i put up more shelves in my van.I ended up passing on the hoard,but was able to buy a few saw from him. Got a couple of Mac gear drives,Mall 6 a piped Mac race saw,a Mc20 Kart engin,View attachment 150034 View attachment 150035 View attachment 150036 View attachment 150037 and a Echo twin.
But now i have 75 lineal feet of new shelving to fill. Still have another 20 ft to install. A shot of the old full shelves
So the Homelite C family relocated for the winter.along with a few cousins.
Pics of the piped Mac?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
8:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine has come a ways too. Lol. After purchasing a couple large lots, and many saws over the last couple years...my 10x20 storage unit is stuffed.
View attachment 150053 View attachment 150054 View attachment 150055 View attachment 150052
FFS man that looks very hazardous! Send some to me for your safety and stuff.

Y'all have a problem.

Not me though.....I'm cured.
So you sell 4 saws and now your cured ?

Pics of the piped Mac?
http://opeforum.com/posts/763225/