High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Saw building numbers.

Terrence Jefferson

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm in the process of building a 372xp for some competitions and I'm new to porting and such . I was wondering what would be good numbers to get for timing for a race saw ? It will be strictly a race saw as I have many other saws to use for fire wood. I'm getting a timing wheel and I have a Dremel tool and Burr bits. Just looking for some input from the seasoned pros.

Terrence

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There’s a lot more that goes into building a race saw than just hitting some numbers with a dremel.
You have any other plans for the build?

Terrence Jefferson

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There’s a lot more that goes into building a race saw than just hitting some numbers with a dremel.
You have any other plans for the build?

I'm just learning and Im not sure what you mean by other plans. I'm putting a metior 268 piston in it witch I'm going to have machined to fit without a base gasket and it will have a mm on it.

Terrence Jefferson

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm not looking for full on hot saw just a really good saw to take to some fairs that can compete with some of these guys that have done this before. This is all new to me and is something I'm interested in but there isn't much of the porting world up here that I know of so I have to rely on research to learn this craft.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm just learning and Im not sure what you mean by other plans. I'm putting a metior 268 piston in it witch I'm going to have machined to fit without a base gasket and it will have a mm on it.
Yup this is what I was talking about, seems like you have a plan. I haven’t built one like this, so I’m not gunna throw any numbers out there.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Theres a dood on AS that's built a few like you're doing Terrence. I think he did them for work but you may want to hit him up.

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This will help:
http://opeforum.com/threads/chainsaw-porting-thread-links.16583/

There is a lot of good information here if you take time to read it. There is a little more to porting than some may think. Hopefully, what you read will be more meaningful than just setting port timing.

And yes, an outstanding chain can make a mediocre saw look outstanding, these guys are not blowing you off by giving you the square file link.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This will help:
http://opeforum.com/threads/chainsaw-porting-thread-links.16583/

There is a lot of good information here if you take time to read it. There is a little more to porting than some may think. Hopefully, what you read will be more meaningful than just setting port timing.

And yes, an outstanding chain can make a mediocre saw look outstanding, these guys are not blowing you off by giving you the square file link.
You tell um Bill.

Waaaaaay more to it. Consider all your constraints first and parts. Measure three times um....Then build.

Terrence Jefferson

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you all. I understand that it's way more than numbers I was kinda looking for a "base line" to go buy. But I do understand that it's different for each saw. I will do much more research and read the posts you provided. Thanks again.