Safety switches save lives

WillG

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lost a friend yesterday due to a catastrophic accident he had on a zero turn mower that he had disabled the safety switches on. Do not disable any safety switches on your power equipment. If the safety switches were still enabled he would still be alive.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
1:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cant like that:(
Damn Will very sorry for ur loss. Hate hearing things like this.....

Xr650jkallen

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can be a testament to that. I was mowing on my zero turn and went by a tree. The roll over bar caught a limb, instead of the limb rolling up and over the bar, it commenced to try and push me side ways out of the seat. I was very glad the seat safety switch shut the mower down. Sorry to hear that about your friend.

WillG

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks everyone, he was a great guy and friend.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very sorry to hear this, will remember that. I feel alot better driving our 2018 tractor with seat switch and rollbar up and down hills than the 1955 edition!

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those old TO-20 and TO-30 Ferguson tractors had a start switch activated by the transmission position .The last one I bought some fool used a Ford starter relay because they were not smart enough to know the OEM was just an 8 dollar push switch .As such it would start up in gear .Obviously I changed it .

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My TO-35 had one when new, it disappeared some time before I got it. I've driven manual transmissions all my life so Im already in the habit of pushing in the clutch and shifting to neutral when starting any vehicle.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@WillG I'm truly sorry to hear that. Some years ago I bought a used Marty J zero turn, for farm mowing. The seat safety had been bypassed and I never gave it a second thought, until a tree branch I didn't see while momentarily distracted hit me in the head knocking me off of the mower. In the process of falling off (on the LH side of the mower), I accidentally advanced the RH drive left beyond the LH ever. The mower proceeded to make a fairly sharp LH turn and come after me. I literally only had time to roll away when I hit the ground to dodge the mower, then jump up and stop it after it went by. It was only the Grace of God. I won't have a bypassed safety now.

I'm sorry Brother.