High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Ryobi 09056 Blower

seanf1277

New OPE Member
Local time
1:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a Ryobi 09056 that I recently replaced the carb on, and now I have the following two problems:

1) When I set the choke lever to full for the initial pull to start, as soon as I press the trigger handle the choke lever clicks over to Run. It starts fine at that poinr but I can't get the lever to stay in the Full position for the initial pulls. Not sure if this is related, but when it does start and run and press the trigger handle to give it juice and increase the engine speed, it takes at least 10 secs for the engine to finally rev up, and when it does it doesn't rev nearly as high as it should

2) When it runs, either idling or with the trigger pressed, it bloes white smoke both out the spark plug (which is also brand new) and out the blower tube. I've tried draining the fuel tank and adding in the proper amount of gas\oil mixture (50:1 or 2.6oz oil for a gallon of gas), but no luck

Thanks!

seanf1277

New OPE Member
Local time
1:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
1. Do you engage the trigger when you start it? Those Ryobi blowers have an automatic choke that switches to run when you engage the trigger. My Stihl has the same feature on it.

2. It sounds way rich on the high speed adjustment. If you use a Pac-man adjustment tool, you want it to keep leaning it out until smoke isn’t blowing out, but it’s still 4-striking at WOT

Hope this helps.

Thanks! Stupid question, but how to lean out the engine, is it the L or H? I have a pacman tool available that I can use

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
2:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes. Be careful tuning you can mess the engine up. Watch a couple YouTube videos for reference

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
2:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For low you want a good idle and throttle response. For high you will want to turn till get max rpms and than a 1/8 to a1/4 turn ccw this will riches it up a little. You will have to fine tune once the unit is at operating temp