ropes

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
4:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Guys,
I'm looking to purchase some ropes. Mostly to pull down and some light rigging ( learning).
Im thinking I could get most of my drops with 9/16-5/8 bull . Where do y'all recommend purchasing online ?
Baileys ain't gonna do it for me.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just checked. 3/4 x 150 feet. Like a braided nylon type rope.
Tuffleburger is the same as NE Rope Co.

I just need the throw weight and I should be complete.
6cd2e43fc7194516f0d66e0ea05f1e4d.jpg
2e2f0068133cf06cc8c89de8ea89d6e5.jpg
b8bb13dbfa7e39671e7975172aeb1033.jpg

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK. TY sir. I never used the little rope. I always just use the big rope with a 1 lb weight and throw that in the tree.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just bought a 5/8 bull rope from Sherrill Tree. I think they own tree stuff, but I'm not sure. I bought the Notch Kraken rope, which I think is probably a rebranded rope from another company or something. It seems to be good quality, but I can't say I've ever used any top shelf rope to compare it to. It has a break strength of about 16,500 or something like that. I wanted a rope with a 7,000# WLL, which this is probably a little shy of, but I also wanted to stay away from ropes over 5/8 (3/4 is harder to pull with a throw line, also, it is bulkier to pack and requires larger more expensive blocks), and the stuff that was stronger that this stuff without going up a size got real spendy real quick.

I checked my email just now and have a 15% off coupon code at treestuff. It's JAMBO5 good until Sunday night. Personally I've done business with Sherrill, Treestuff, and Left Coast. If left coast has what you need, I'd go with them. They're a small company and they will do right by you. The others are just big retailers looking to make a buck.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
OK. TY sir. I never used the little rope. I always just use the big rope with a 1 lb weight and throw that in the tree.

yeah ...for those of you that haven't met Jeff....he's that big.....

ties a brick to a 3/4 bull line and up it goes... no worries.

Jeff, keep that throw rope flecked out. they love to get tangled and knotted. one of those folding"cubes" is the best. Also a kids backpack is a great way to load all the "throw" stuff together. works for lines too.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just bought a 5/8 bull rope from Sherrill Tree. I think they own tree stuff, but I'm not sure. I bought the Notch Kraken rope, which I think is probably a rebranded rope from another company or something. It seems to be good quality, but I can't say I've ever used any top shelf rope to compare it to. It has a break strength of about 16,500 or something like that. I wanted a rope with a 7,000# WLL, which this is probably a little shy of, but I also wanted to stay away from ropes over 5/8 (3/4 is harder to pull with a throw line, also, it is bulkier to pack and requires larger more expensive blocks), and the stuff that was stronger that this stuff without going up a size got real spendy real quick.

I checked my email just now and have a 15% off coupon code at treestuff. It's JAMBO5 good until Sunday night. Personally I've done business with Sherrill, Treestuff, and Left Coast. If left coast has what you need, I'd go with them. They're a small company and they will do right by you. The others are just big retailers looking to make a buck.

good stuff Ryan,
Ive never used a "spliced" bull line....what is it commonly used for ? I assume its an easy Bowline setup ?

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guys,
I'm looking to purchase some ropes. Mostly to pull down and some light rigging ( learning).
Im thinking I could get most of my drops with 9/16-5/8 bull . Where do y'all recommend purchasing online ?
Baileys ain't gonna do it for me.
Sherrill Tree , Wespur , Bartlett

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
good stuff Ryan,
Ive never used a "spliced" bull line....what is it commonly used for ? I assume its an easy Bowline setup ?

Do you mean an eye splice? I see in the description of the rope I mentioned that it does say "easily spliced" and also that it's available with an eye splice (seamless loop) on either end for an additional $25ea. I didn't get any splices when I ordered mine. Seems like it might be handy for some things, but might get in the way at other times. I'm very very far from a rigging expert, but I'd say this rope ties into knots easily enough. It was pretty stiff at first but I natural crotch rigged a couple branches down and it got a little more workable.