Local time
9:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Aw man....
The Yote-Hunter is gone now?
Dang-it.
Just like you other folks, I'll miss the stories.

sheesh. and I only found out, a couple weeks ago, that an old friend that I hadn't seen since early last year, (all the virus rules and such) had passed and I didn't even get to see him in the hospital, before he checked out.
Dude took me up for my 1st (fixed wing) aircraft ride.
Showed me how it felt to geeeenntly enter the first bit of a stall and then do a wing-over out of it.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would’ve loved to have a sit around the campfire with Al and listen to his stories.

North by Northwest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Read numerous hunting & fishing exploits that Al was gracious enough to indulge us with . Some of his hunting & fishing stories occurred North of the border in the very areas that I continue to explore annually . I was enjoying mutual pm ' s with Al towards the end . He mentioned that he always wanted to hunt Moose in unit #37 . I mentioned to him upon return from a very successful hunt that he had been there in spirit , since I had revived one of his fishing stories with my 2 yr old grand child one evening around our family campfire . He appreciated that , little did I know how soon the end was for him . He sent a few more messages , then the keyboard went silent . I sent a few more replys , they went unanswered . It wasn'ts over , at least not for us , he still is in our conversation every yr at hunting & fishing camp , especially when ever my grand child asks me to tell him another one of Al's hunting or fishing stories at the campfire . God Bless you Al , thanks for your passion towards nature & your wonderful story telling Sir !