Reseal Leaking Oil Tank Quick Fix

Saw_Squatch

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know how many people have tried something like this but it seamed to work like a charm for me. So the video pretty much tells the whole story but to summarize, the gasket around the oil reservoir on my 044 was leaking oil slowly all winter and since I just recently did a rebuild on it I had zero desire to tear it all down just for that so I spent $7 on a bottle of ATP brand AT-205 reseal, poured 2-3 ounces into the tank, filled it the rest of the way with oil and let it sit for a few days. Ran a tank or two of oil through it and now it doesn't leak at all. Anybody else tried anything like this or have any thoughts?

Saw_Squatch

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How's the pump like that?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
It shouldn't hurt it, if anything it might actually help recondition the diaphragm and plungers rubber. This stuff doesn't effect oil viscosity or add anything that could plug the filter, and it's not a petroleum distillate like other "sealers" that just swell the rubber temporarily and then eat it up. The way it's been described to me is that it's like oiling your leather boots in that it reconditions the rubber components and brings some life back to them.

ktmtigger

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hopefully that's all it does Everytime I hear I put such and such stop leak in and it's great. Then a week later can you change my power steering pump or rack or tranny

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk