Reloading stuff

ramrat

Circle T Outdoor Services
Local time
4:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok guys was cleaning out a cabinet at my dads and found these dies and some other stuff. I have never reloaded anything so I have no idea what this other stuff is. Help me out7F701AC7-678C-4423-906E-958C7B37E65E.jpeg

bagpipingtrucker

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
What exactly are you looking to know about the items?
The boxed items are dies that go in the press and depending on which die it is it could be a decapper, neck or full length sizer and bullet seater/crimper. The other items look to be extra parts for his setup or arms for gauges.
Due to the corrosion and rust on the dies you'll need to do a thorough cleaning of them especially the insides because that's where the critical tolerances are.
The piece that looks like a small stand could be an old jig for measuring the COAL of the rounds that he made.

Homelite collector in training [emoji879]

Last edited:

bagpipingtrucker

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The dies with the small screw coming out are for removing the primer(decapper) and possibly full lgth sizing for straight wall rounds. The larger screw is the bullet seater and both of these screws are adjustable to fit your needs.
A card chart and powder funnel.
Not sure about the large arm pc to the left.
If you have all the equipment reloading is fun and cost effective if you shoot a lot or expensive rounds ie .338 lapua .500 magnum and so on.

bagpipingtrucker

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey thanks for responding to my question and taking the time to go into a little detail about what I found in my dad's cupboard.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The large arm to the left looks like a powder measure stand, probably for an oddball measure that hasn't been made in forever. It could probably be modified to work with a current measure from RCBS or Lyman.