I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have a large 2-stage plus the blower on the JD 185 Hydra tractor, but looking for something smaller for the light snows. There are few used Toro's on CL but always skeptical of used, don't need someone else's problems, but also hate to spend too much for a new piece of garbage, if you know what I mean. I do like the way they can get down to bare concrete, that the larger blowers have a problem doing.
Just seeing what thoughts others have on them.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a neighbor who works on snow blowers, lawnmowers, etc. Picks them up used, fixes them, and resells them.

He says that Toro and Honda are the only way to go, due to quality, ability to work on, and parts availability.

Philbert

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The couple of Hondas I peaked at did not seem to have great reviews. I agree that Toro seems to be the brand of choice around here with several used ones around.
Thanks for the help and let you know what I find.

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, went by my small engine dealer today and looked around. Was tempted to go a new Toro, but just hated to give up the green-backs. Looked through his used and picked up an Ariens SS522 2 stroke. Before talking to them I pulled the rope a couple of times and started right up. Had new paddles, plug, fuel lines and tuned up. I think I did okay at $275 so will see when we get some snow.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
1:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, went by my small engine dealer today and looked around. Was tempted to go a new Toro, but just hated to give up the green-backs. Looked through his used and picked up an Ariens SS522 2 stroke. Before talking to them I pulled the rope a couple of times and started right up. Had new paddles, plug, fuel lines and tuned up. I think I did okay at $275 so will see when we get some snow.
Sounds like a nice score