Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey all
Any advice on a good book for small engine carbs for two strokes? Or even a good book that covers it all? I need to do some reading and get a better grasp of things

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
eetc.org should have some material, I can't verify any of the contents as I never read any, I just cracked a beer one night(which I hardly ever do) after work and was signing up when i saw the test timer going, was game time then, good thing I had that beer to get me through. lol

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for calling him to the party!

@Stump Shot
Recommendations? :)

I learned most everything I needed to know from service manuals of what I was working on at the time. If you look around YouTube carefully there are some good vids here and there on different subjects.
And if all else fails just ask here on OPE, somebody's done it already.
I wonder if @ray benson has any kind of helpful material by chance?

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey all
Any advice on a good book for small engine carbs for two strokes? Or even a good book that covers it all? I need to do some reading and get a better grasp of things
A good book that covers all the carbs? Not aware of one. Service manual for each model usually gives carb information. Here are a few manuals that go over carb operation

Attachments

• Walbro Carburetor Theory .pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 32
  • Zama Tech Guide.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
  • carb manual 1999.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • ShopManual_5th_Edition_WM-pages-15-21.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 40

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Look up Fox Valley kart which is in Indiana .They have a lot of articles in the resources section .Two cycle performance tuning by A Graham Bell is a good reference .MacDizzy is on line with a lot of info. Every carb manufacture has a web site with instructions trouble shooting etc .
I've filled up a medium sized book shelf with service manuals covering every thing from machine tools to bull dozers plus of course chainsaws .Certainly not as many as some but never the less quite a few .It's not a question of if I have it but rather where is it at .