GoldMember
Local time
1:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
something nice and solid that will last forever and is easy to set up and use
a specific link to a vendor or ebay or amazon would rock

I can read instructions 20 times and not quite get it, but if I read the instructions while I put them to use I will get it a lot quicker.

I got a pile of cylinders and a pile of questions :)
thanks in advance
Dave

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
something nice and solid that will last forever and is easy to set up and use
a specific link to a vendor or ebay or amazon would rock

I can read instructions 20 times and not quite get it, but if I read the instructions while I put them to use I will get it a lot quicker.

I got a pile of cylinders and a pile of questions :)
thanks in advance
Dave

Made from aluminum or inox engraving with a laser engraver , just like the stihl tool 5910 007 2201

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
camshaft_degree_wheel_kit_3_22839.jpg

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice tool there, panteliss. If that's too much for you Dave, then there's this. No experience with this seller, though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEGREE-WHEEL/231115825906
That's the same degree wheel I have. Got mine off eBay. I can't remember which seller. I added a cheap 1/2" keyless drill chuck from Princess Auto to mine. I haven't used it much yet but so far I like it

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just printed one out from a Google search and spray glued it to a piece of hardboard. Stuck a bolt through a dead cordless drill chuck, and nut, wheel, nut. $0 investment just to get it figured out. I can upgrade to a nicer wheel whenever, but this works fine

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just printed one out from a Google search and spray glued it to a piece of hardboard. Stuck a bolt through a dead cordless drill chuck, and nut, wheel, nut. $0 investment just to get it figured out. I can upgrade to a nicer wheel whenever, but this works fine

What he said^^^ I just use my flywheel puller to center it.

image.jpeg

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Comp Cams wheel ................
It really doesnt matter whos wheel you get, but I believe the larger the wheel, the easier it is to get a good number
Also, the larger wheels wont let you work comfy on the bench, you need to either hang the wheel off the side, or mount the saw in a saw stand or vise with a bar

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Comp Cams wheel ................
It really doesnt matter whos wheel you get, but I believe the larger the wheel, the easier it is to get a good number
Also, the larger wheels wont let you work comfy on the bench, you need to either hang the wheel off the side, or mount the saw in a saw stand or vise with a bar
I think mine is 7" and it hits the bench. Kinda sucks but you get used to it

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At this point I think I will only be working on 4 models going forward 44, 46, 64, 66 I just like them too much to mess with much else:)
The Billet aluminum in Pantellis' first response I can only find on Alibaba, is there link to an online US source?
I like a few of the kits I see online from amazon and Ebay that have a fixture already and the indicator and such. If I cobble one together from a drill chuck etc I will look at it with disdain every time I use it cause I am a nutjob.
Stihl could make it easy on me and just sell their own model :)
I appreciate everybody's recommendations, I should get one soon and then my real OCD can take over as I measure every cylinder in a three day radius :)