High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Question about using a Powerhouse 22T splitter on Toro Dingo TX420

john galt

New OPE Member
Local time
6:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Looking for help using a Toro Dingo TX420 with a Northern Tool #11966 Powerhouse 22 ton splitter. I have zero experience with either. The splitter is designed to be used with hydraulics from a skid steer or a tractor. The gpm flow rate of the Toro auxiliary equip pump matches the splitter gpm recommendations.

My question(s) involves the two hydr control valves that are in the system: a control valve on the splitter and an auxiliary control valve on the Toro.

After hooking up a supply hose & a return hose from the Toro quick connect fittings out to the splitter, can you run the splitter using the splitter control valve only?

Or, do you also need someone running the Toro auxiliary control valve?

Possibly dumb questions, but I thought I better ask someone with expertise before I damage anything, blow out a hose or worse.

I’m hoping it’s possible to operate the splitter by just using the control valve mounted on it (leaving the Toro aux control valve open). Thanks!

Slacker

Hunny Locust Skipchain Sparker
Local time
6:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
20190126_113628.jpg

I use a Northern fool 3pt on my tractor.
The tractor has a lever to activate (send fluid to) the remotes. It does not make the splitter move in any way.
The tractor lever has to be held in the open position for fluid to continuously flow to the splitter. It has a built in pin to hold it open.
Once fluid is flowing to the splitter, all movement is controlled at the splitter.

I would verify the Toro outlets can be made to stay open.