Prototype? Weird Homie 150 I acquired.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
6:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought this Homelite 150 chainsaw for $22. It seems unique in my opinion. The decal is like no other I’ve seen, it’s just black rather than the usual black/blue/red. Also, I see Allen head screws holding it together rather than traditional screws. Anyone have any opinions on this saw?

Attachments

• IMG_7743.jpeg
    IMG_7743.jpeg
    254.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7733.jpeg
    IMG_7733.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7732.jpeg
    IMG_7732.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 29

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I truly do not know what makes you think it is a "prototype" or odd in any way. It is a late production 150 and I just might have a partial NOS one here yet.

As I always say slooooooooow down

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I truly do not know what makes you think it is a "prototype" or odd in any way. It is a late production 150 and I just might have a partial NOS one here yet.

As I always say slooooooooow down
There are other forum members who do not recognize the decal either. Just never seen one with this sorta decal or Allen screws. Thanks for letting me know it’s late production. Would you send me pics of the NOS one please? I may be interested in it if you’d be willing to sell it.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You think screws cannot be changed ???????

I am sitting outside enjoying a couple nice cigars but because I like you I will grab a flash light and go to one of the sheds and look.

Give me 40 minutes

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You think screws cannot be changed ???????

I am sitting outside enjoying a couple nice cigars but because I like you I will grab a flash light and go to one of the sheds and look.

Give me 40 minutes
Okay, thanks. I know screws can be changed, however, it would be weird if someone changed those screws cause that part of the saw was considered an unserviceable unit by Homelite themselves, and just why would someone replace them I wonder.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took a look and I guess it is not here. I sold one to a daughter of a man who loved them
It was to be his Christmas present. That was at least 15 years ago. I guess I sold the other also.

What screws are you talking about?

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took a look and I guess it is not here. I sold one to a daughter of a man who loved them
It was to be his Christmas present. That was at least 15 years ago. I guess I sold the other also.

What screws are you talking about?
Ok, thanks for checking anyways.
The screws shown in one of the pictures in my original post. They hold the throttle handle and fuel tank assembly together.

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know screws can be changed, however, it would be weird if someone changed those screws cause that part of the saw was considered an unserviceable unit by Homelite themselves
Just because a company says it is an unservicable component, doesn't mean that someone won't go digging into it. My philosophy is that it went together so that means it can come apart...

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just because a company says it is an unservicable component, doesn't mean that someone won't go digging into it. My philosophy is that it went together so that means it can come apart...
True. I actually attempted taking one apart once. Some of the tightest screws ever, only got one loose. I don’t even know why someone would take it apart tho. I did cause I was confused the very first time I was working on a 150.

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
True. I actually attempted taking one apart once. Some of the tightest screws ever, only got one loose. I don’t even know why someone would take it apart tho. I did cause I was confused the very first time I was working on a 150.
My 056 saws had unique flat headed screws as OEM. Many of the 056 saws I buy have T27. I assume the previous owner swapped them out for the convenience, as the proper T27 aren't free. Also maybe someone "BUGGARED" the original fastener for some obscure reason, or the saw rattled the screws out and they were lost, or some saw owner had a wife that loved her HUBBy so much she cleaned his shop for him and tossed everything in question into a trash can, BUT Counterair (SP?) to Bills analogy I firmly believe the 056 saws are not a late production model (as the Homie p'bly is) and I am very sure they are not prototype models. I would wonder if your saw has so many hours on it the threads were stripped in the case and some one was in such a hurry to get back to work they found some screw(s) close to the right size and poured Loctite in the holes and drove them "HOMIE" PUN Intended. As Bill stated "slooooow down" ... Nice looking saw for the money. Reminds me of a Stihl 020avp.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 056 saws had unique flat headed screws as OEM. Many of the 056 saws I buy have T27. I assume the previous owner swapped them out for the convenience, as the proper T27 aren't free. Also maybe someone "BUGGARED" the original fastener for some obscure reason, or the saw rattled the screws out and they were lost, or some saw owner had a wife that loved her HUBBy so much she cleaned his shop for him and tossed everything in question into a trash can, BUT Counterair (SP?) to Bills analogy I firmly believe the 056 saws are not a late production model (as the Homie p'bly is) and I am very sure they are not prototype models. I would wonder if your saw has so many hours on it the threads were stripped in the case and some one was in such a hurry to get back to work they found some screw(s) close to the right size and poured Loctite in the holes and drove them "HOMIE" PUN Intended. As Bill stated "slooooow down" ... Nice looking saw for the money. Reminds me of a Stihl 020avp.
Thanks for the reply. I actually do have a Stihl 020avp.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You apparently have never had a Homelite 1050, 2100, 1130, or 3100 that needed a tank split or cover removed

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well you will figure out how to service a "non-serviceable" part then