High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Price Check on aisle 066, please. Price Check...

odin

100% noodle arms
Local time
8:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Just ran across an ad which simply read - 066 Parts Saw, No bar/chain.

So what's a good price for a mid-to-high mileage 066 powerhead which contains a healthy amount of scoring on to the piston, or possibly needs a brand new P&C???

The ad is from a small shop near me that's closing out all their remaining stock of Stihl (and Snapper) gear. There's a ton of stuff listed, but I've got my eye on the biggun' in the bunch. Guessing they're getting out of retail as they downshift into retirement.

Gonna call in the morning and I'd rather have an idea of fair market value (not ebay dream-price) for such things.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
9:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just ran across an ad which simply read - 066 Parts Saw, No bar/chain.

So what's a good price for a mid-to-high mileage 066 powerhead which contains a healthy amount of scoring on to the piston, or possibly needs a brand new P&C???

The ad is from a small shop near me that's closing out all their remaining stock of Stihl (and Snapper) gear. There's a ton of stuff listed, but I've got my eye on the biggun' in the bunch. Guessing they're getting out of retail as they downshift into retirement.

Gonna call in the morning and I'd rather have an idea of fair market value (not ebay dream-price) for such things.

Cruse by there with cash & see what else they have.

Buying in Bulk may help your situation.

odin

100% noodle arms
Local time
8:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
There's 18 saws listed in the ad and heaven only knows what other gems are lying around that ol' place.

Maybe I should take the 1-ton... :coleman:

Honestly, I'd be pretty giddy if I could get an 066 for 150 clams that only needed a new piston and some small bits.

Thanks for your help, gents.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's 18 saws listed in the ad and heaven only knows what other gems are lying around that ol' place.

Maybe I should take the 1-ton... :coleman:

Honestly, I'd be pretty giddy if I could get an 066 for 150 clams that only needed a new piston and some small bits.

Thanks for your help, gents.

I bought a pretty minty west coast 066 that needed a new P&C and a new coil for $150.00 and the only reason I paid that much was because it had the 3/4 wrap.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a pretty minty west coast 066 that needed a new P&C and a new coil for $150.00 and the only reason I paid that much was because it had the 3/4 wrap.

Bubble Top or Flat Top?

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Complete, just needs P&C ........ no more than $300 for me

For me, $300 would be absolute top dollar and the rest of the saw would have to be in pretty good shape.

I got a $125 "put it together special" red lever 066 from the "other site" -- for $75 in parts and labor, my local Stihl shop had it up and running like a champ! Added a new 28" Stihl bar and chain and had a really nice saw for about half of what it's worth.

Yeah, I could have put it together myself and saved about $50, but I have a few dozen saws ahead of it in line and my local shop was kind of slow.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t care what model it is.
$50-$75 is all I’d give for a roached saw. Much less for a smaller saw......if I’d even take it.
Not knowing the history kinda sucks.
Something like that....I’d be inclined to do a full rebuild for piece of mind.
You’re gonna have $250-$350 in OEM parts at least.
Then at least 3-4 hours stripping, cleaning, inspecting and rebuilding.....at least.

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t care what model it is.
$50-$75 is all I’d give for a roached saw. Much less for a smaller saw......if I’d even take it.
Not knowing the history kinda sucks.
Something like that....I’d be inclined to do a full rebuild for piece of mind.
You’re gonna have $250-$350 in OEM parts at least.
Then at least 3-4 hours stripping, cleaning, inspecting and rebuilding.....at least.

I have and will continue to pay good $ for an 084 or an 066 carcass, but I'm talking about something that appears that it can be rebuilt. But if it's beat the he11 and back, I don't want anything to do with it unless it's real cheap and I just need some parts. I learned my lesson there with a cheap 075 that had been rode hard and put up wet for decades. Lots of repairs, stripped bolt holes, not running, and plumb wore out. I ended up tossing most of it in the scrap pile.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the bar and chain is the only thing missing. Then I think up to $150 would be reasonable. If the clutch is gone, the carb off, air filter cover missing and so forth, then not much...