Power washer pressure problems

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
5:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My gas power washer is making pressure but when i let off the washer wond handle it stays high pressure. I researched and sounds like a unloader valve. I pulled it out and cleaned it( have not retested yet) but it looked fine.( Unloader valve is under the red turn knob i think?)
My question is whats under the three other caps and could that be part of the problem?

Thanks for any help.
cd9272ae2009ac67c6e0ed2bba2bb663.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It does sound like the unloader sticking.
After sitting the can stick. Sometimes if you pull the trigger a few times quickly it will jar it loose and then function properly.. Try backing off the valve a bit too.

The other caps are valves, if it is making full pressure those are working.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It does sound like the unloader sticking.
After sitting the can stick. Sometimes if you pull the trigger a few times quickly it will jar it loose and then function properly.. Try backing off the valve a bit too.

The other caps are valves, if it is making full pressure those are working.
I forgot to mention i had it out a couple times about three weeks ago. It worked fine. Then i re winterized it. Was supposed to dip below freezing.
I did pull trigger a bunch of times and it still wouldnt free up. What is it that normally sticks? I had it all apart and seemed fine. Spring has a ton of tention.
13fa4be551154d49963717aec794fe99.jpg

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brass is stationary. That unloaded looks clean to be sticking. Check and make sure you don’t have crap behind nozzle tips and stuck in trigger assembly

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The stainless plunger and spring more, brass doesn’t. Pull the plunger and see what inside of brass fitting looks like.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It moves freely. Not sure if the plunger comes out of the brass?

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brass is stationary. That unloaded looks clean to be sticking. Check and make sure you don’t have crap behind nozzle tips and stuck in trigger assembly
All tips are clean. I have tones of pressure. It just wont kick the pressure to bypass when i let off the trigger.
I did get it to kick out once when i was messing with trigger at WOT which i dont normally run it that hard.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is ther anything else it could be? I just cant see it being that unloader valve for how clean and free it is.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I brought the Karcher washer home today from the lake. I've dicked with the unloader on it the whole decade I've used it. I should just buy the $19 replacement valve but I enjoy the struggle I guess. Good luck @merc_man

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I brought the Karcher washer home today from the lake. I've dicked with the unloader on it the whole decade I've used it. I should just buy the $19 replacement valve but I enjoy the struggle I guess. Good luck @merc_man
What is the isue with your washer?

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can you get me the model info on pump so I can see the breakdown. If the unloaded is not much I would purchase one that style is None testable. Also check unloaded plunger seat on brass manifold

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didnt see a number on the pump but got this if it helps. Its a BE brand.
6b3735a2baab0ab41fa887efe4294b04.jpg

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will call this week and see about ordering a new valve. What ever it is cost wise is cheaper then a new washer.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I havnt gone to the small engine place. Been busy helping on a farm last couple weeks. Iv been justbusing my electric one lately and it sure seems week compared to the gasser lol. Maybe in will go for a drive this week. We got a bunchnof rai that will shut us down for a few days.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So i stopped at the OPE dealer today to see about the unloader valve and soon as he seen the pic of it he said thats not the isue. He said pull the three caps off and clean the check valves and try it. So got home and pulled.them apart. Blew it all out and reasembled and it seems to be working fine.
Its always nice to have a good dealer that dont mind giving advice or i would have waisted 100 bucks on an unloader valve.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So i stopped at the OPE dealer today to see about the unloader valve and soon as he seen the pic of it he said thats not the isue. He said pull the three caps off and clean the check valves and try it. So got home and pulled.them apart. Blew it all out and reasembled and it seems to be working fine.
Its always nice to have a good dealer that dont mind giving advice or i would have waisted 100 bucks on an unloader valve.

I have a troybilt 2550 psi vertical shaft with the pump on the bottom. It has a single aluminum cover with a rubber seal covering all the valves. It blew that seal once. I went to buy the gasket and was told you can't buy the gasket separately. It comes in a complete rebuild kit. The kit was $68. I put the seal and new cover on and it worked fine for a year or so, then it blew again. I looked online for one and found a brand new complete pump on eBay for $92. I ordered it and put it on about 3 years ago. Still working great so far.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I replaced a pump on one years ago on a Honda powerwasher. Bought a pump off the shelf at Tractor supply. Would have been nice to have just serviced the original unit.