HELP! Poulan 2300AV carburetor

winkangrin

Active OPE Member
Local time
1:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, I purchased about ten saws in varying states of repair from a kid who dabbled in 2 cycle repair, and decided it wasn’t his bag. It was probably a wise idea,

I bought the lot along with a backpack Ryobi blower, a recent Troy Bilt brush cutter, an Echo HT165, a Poulan hedger just to get the carbs off of two Mac PM610’s and the starter for the same saw. I understood none of them were fixable, but the starter, bars and carbs made it worth the $50. I still haven’t been through all of the saws, but so far I’ve put a carb kit and fuel lines on a Mac 3200 and it runs like new money, ditto for a couple of Poulan PP4218’s, a Wild Thing. a PP3816, and a Craftsman 4218. One of the two PM’s is actually getting 140 lbs of compression, the other is locked up and appears that it may have been in a fire, the Ryobi backpack was only getting 60lbs, and the Poulan hedger was roached. But also included was a Homelite 330, a Homelite 360, and a SXLAO from 1965, all with spark and compression.

Which brings me to a Poulan 2300AV version 1. In its case, but the original carb was missing. Great compression, and spark, so I looked up the carb and found one on Amazon. What I got fits the saw, but it has an outlet for the purge line. I can’t find where on this saw a purge line would go. Me thinks that perhaps the model in later iterations had a purge circuit, and this one is similar to my old Weed Eater trimmer. I dunno. Any advice on how I can find the original carb or suitable replacement?

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Which brings me to a Poulan 2300AV version 1. In its case, but the original carb was missing. Great compression, and spark, so I looked up the carb and found one on Amazon. What I got fits the saw, but it has an outlet for the purge line. I can’t find where on this saw a purge line would go. Me thinks that perhaps the model in later iterations had a purge circuit, and this one is similar to my old Weed Eater trimmer. I dunno. Any advice on how I can find the original carb or suitable replacement?

The Micro saws never had a purge line as far as I know and I have a bunch of them.

The spec carb for that saw is a Walbro WT-20.

The Poulan part number is 530035181

If the choke shutter did not come with it you will also need 16, 17, 18, 19 on page two of the IPL attached.

Attachments

• poulan2300avchainsaw.pdf
    49 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

winkangrin

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Micro saws never had a purge line as far as I know and I have a bunch of them.

The spec carb for that saw is a Walbro WT-20.

The Poulan part number is 530035181
Yeah, I got that after I blindly ordered a China carb- which assured me this would fit. It was a trick finding the actual carb specs from a Poulan IPL dated 1996. Makes you wonder how many of these reviews are legit. Anyway, finding the actual WT 20 is a trick. I guess I need to look for a parts saw that’s got the same carb on it and rebuild it.

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think a WT-3 will work as well, The throttle shaft and the venturi are the same as the 20 according to some docs I have. There may be more but I'm not sure.