Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
5:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a ported early 12mm no decomp 044 Stihl cylinder with a meteor piston. I did the porting.
The cylinder and piston were on one of my saws and have only been run for about 2-3 tanks of fuel
I removed the cylinder and piston because the saw is being sold as a hybrid.

Compression is just a fuzz under 230 cold
Squish measured .023 no gasket on my saw
Port timing is 80/117/101
One broken cooling fin

Asking $175 for both the cylinder and piston shipped

IMG_3055.JPGIMG_3062.JPGIMG_3063.JPGIMG_3061.JPG

Last edited:

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Video of this cylinder on the saw. This video is basically the first run. The saw is tuned a little fat and my chain wasn't the greatest. I should of switched to a better chain for the video but I was losing daylight fast when I made it.

Cheers guys.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Video of this cylinder on the saw. This video is basically the first run. The saw is tuned a little fat and my chain wasn't the greatest. I should of switched to a better chain for the video but I was losing daylight fast when I made it.

Cheers guys.

Much better chain...and that saw would be deadly!
GREAT JOB!

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think most guys don't realize how much worse ports look in pictures than in your hands. Pics reveal every single (and usually meaningless) minor cosmetic flaws in porting/jugs.

It's difficult as hell to show how nice a jug looks online. Even the band and base on the jug look a bit choppy, but I can tell you that they certainly are not. That's because I cut them. Mike did the ports.

This is something that should be closer to $300 shipped. Its a killer deal.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think most guys don't realize how much worse ports look in pictures than in your hands. Pics reveal every single (and usually meaningless) minor cosmetic flaws in porting/jugs.

It's difficult as hell to show how nice a jug looks online. Even the band and base on the jug look a bit choppy, but I can tell you that they certainly are not. That's because I cut them. Mike did the ports.

This is something that should be closer to $300 shipped. Its a killer deal.
I agree 100%. I don't post many porting pics because of it. When I widen out bottom fed transfers, I go over them with 80 grit on a mandrel again and again. And again, trying to make them look really good. Take a pic of it and just shake my head at how *s-wordty it makes them look. It literally takes hours of sanding to smooth things out to make it pic worthy, and I don't think the tiny gains, if any, are worth it. I hung out with Mike all weekend at Geniusfest. He's as straight as they come.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree 100%. I don't post many porting pics because of it. When I widen out bottom fed transfers, I go over them with 80 grit on a mandrel again and again. And again, trying to make them look really good. Take a pic of it and just shake my head at how *s-wordty it makes them look. It literally takes hours of sanding to smooth things out to make it pic worthy, and I don't think the tiny gains, if any, are worth it. I hung out with Mike all weekend at Geniusfest. He's as straight as they come.
Agree 100%

I shared a room with him at the CT GTG. He never tried to have ghey sex with me. Not even once.