High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Poor husqvarna package of cylinder head....

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
11:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I just got a brandy new 288 head from hlsupply. It's beautiful

But

The wrist pin was loose enough in piston ( which had the ring installed stuck in the head for shipping) to move out of the piston and dent the plating just above the upper transfers. I don't know why the wrist pin was in the piston for shipping but I have to assume husky packed this part.

I'm gonna run it because I don't think it's much of an issue at all but it seems to me like this head was perfect ....and now it's not because of a poor packing choice on huskys part.

And yes...it's on my live vid session for last nite.

@Gentleman @Spike60

Maybe you could get a message back to husky that this is a bad idea for packing 288 heads?

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sorry. . I saw a bit of the vid but I'm not sure quite what you are getting at?

Dented plating is ok? On a brand new cylinder?
Chit no offence ment thought ya was joking about? as you did say "I'm gonna run it because I don't think it's much of an issue"...

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gotcha...no prob. I'm gonna use it but it's kinda a shame to have a couple dents in plating that catch my fingernail on a fresh oem head. These truly are beautiful heads. Love the bright chrome bore.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've used lots of oem and am heads. All the am heads I've seen have the wrist pins packed separate. This is the first oem one I've seen with damage...

@Funky sawman ....thanks for the comment!

Gentleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

But

The wrist pin was loose enough in piston ( which had the ring installed stuck in the head for shipping) to move out of the piston and dent the plating just above the upper transfers. I don't know why the wrist pin was in the piston for shipping but I have to assume husky packed this part.

I'm gonna run it because I don't think it's much of an issue at all but it seems to me like this head was perfect ....and now it's not because of a poor packing choice on huskys part.

And yes...it's on my live vid session for last nite.

@Gentleman @Spike60

Maybe you could get a message back to husky that this is a bad idea for packing 288 heads?
Sorry Matty. That is how the are packed from Husqvarna. I can exchange it for you. Husqvarna is good about replacing. Let me know.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
not your fault @Gentleman ... you hlsupply box was packed fine. its kinda stupid that husky allows the wrist pin to rattle around in there. i think its nice that they have the circlip preinstalled (and with witness marks) on one side, but since its not on the other, the wrist pin wiggles out and then dings the plating. i hate to toss such a pretty cylinder.

EvilRoySlade

What’s my line?
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 357 like that too. I have been having a hard time believing the pin did it during shipping, even though it was my first thought. That pin would have to hit the wall with pretty good force to dent it. My pin has a nice tight fit as do most of them. What are the odds that multiple cylinders have the same problem. I’m guessing your dent is above the transfers? And strangely everyone I know, which is only 3 others, that had this on a 357 cylinder all had it on the auto decomp cylinder like mine.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry Matt I only read the first part of first post. Trying to get out of the woods.I'm starting to make mother nature wet again. Good luck with the jug.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry Matt I only read the first part of first post. Trying to get out of the woods.I'm starting to make mother nature wet again. Good luck with the jug.

well, thats a good question... i really don't have use for the saw, so will likely eventually sell it. i'm open to suggestions. if it was my saw, i'd run it. so yes, good enough for me. i'm not going to port it, the jug is simply too nice lol. but i'm open to opinions... if I was gonna sell it to you... would you mind if it was dented?

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 357 like that too. I have been having a hard time believing the pin did it during shipping, even though it was my first thought. That pin would have to hit the wall with pretty good force to dent it. My pin has a nice tight fit as do most of them. What are the odds that multiple cylinders have the same problem. I’m guessing your dent is above the transfers? And strangely everyone I know, which is only 3 others, that had this on a 357 cylinder all had it on the auto decomp cylinder like mine.

there are 2 dents ... about the width of the outer portion of the wrist pin, on the side of the piston where the wrist pin wasn't retained by the clip. it certainly seems like the pin did it. the pin is fairly snug in the piston, but not ...tight. it does slide out

birdmeter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But
but you gonna post on here instead of complain to the web site you bought it from.just return we all get things from time to time .*s-word happens.just return.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But
but you gonna post on here instead of complain to the web site you bought it from.just return we all get things from time to time .*s-word happens.just return.

That wasn't the point of the post. This is not a problem with hl....Otherwise I could have called Bruce personally. I wanted to show an issue specifically that husky has with their packaging...and get opinions as to what I could / should do.