Please wear ur safety glasses

magicrat

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So yesterday I was replacing my starter coil cover on a 2172. As I was putting it back in and looking for the bolt it popped out and the spring hit me right in the eyeball. Hurt alot, fortunately I was fine 30 minutes later. Could’ve been worse. I will wear my safety glasses from now on when dealing with moving parts.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I work in a manufacturing facility and safety glasses are required so I'm used to wearing them. I always wear them at home when working on anything. Since my eyes sight is not what it used to be, I wear bifocal safety glasses which also helps as a reminder to put them on since I need them to see close up.

Brad Button

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So yesterday I was replacing my starter coil cover on a 2172. As I was putting it back in and looking for the bolt it popped out and the spring hit me right in the eyeball. Hurt alot, fortunately I was fine 30 minutes later. Could’ve been worse. I will wear my safety glasses from now on when dealing with moving parts.
I learned years ago after several trips to the Optometrist to get steel dug out of my eyes to wear safety glasses even when I am just blowing a piece of equipment off.