High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

People amaze me, not saw related but so amazed i had to share

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Oil field outfits are just plain stupid. We sold this company generators over the last few years with the last one being over a year ago. We do all their maintenance, or lack thereof as well. This morning they bring us over a gen set that was "shooting 2' flames out the exhaust" to see if we can patch it up, but they didnt want to put any money in it so they also brought along the 2 more "junk" ones to use as parts machines to fix the one good one. All 3 ended fixed and returned to them an hour later....total bill=$158. fuel filters, fresh fuel and oil changes. This was their first time being serviced and 2 were completely out of oil so the low oil shutdown prevented them from even firing up while the flame thrower was running on a mixture of gas and diesel fuel....drain the tank, fill with fresh diesel, replace fuel filter and off to the races we go.

Are all companies this bad with maintenance????? 2000 hours on 2 of these without ever having the oil changed, filling the tank on a diesel generator with gasoline???? Is this normal or do we just have an overabundance of ignorance? in my area????

AS 013.jpg AS 009.jpg AS 010.jpg

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oil field outfits are just plain stupid. We sold this company generators over the last few years with the last one being over a year ago. We do all their maintenance, or lack thereof as well. This morning they bring us over a gen set that was "shooting 2' flames out the exhaust" to see if we can patch it up, but they didnt want to put any money in it so they also brought along the 2 more "junk" ones to use as parts machines to fix the one good one. All 3 ended fixed and returned to them an hour later....total bill=$158. fuel filters, fresh fuel and oil changes. This was their first time being serviced and 2 were completely out of oil so the low oil shutdown prevented them from even firing up while the flame thrower was running on a mixture of gas and diesel fuel....drain the tank, fill with fresh diesel, replace fuel filter and off to the races we go.

Are all companies this bad with maintenance????? 2000 hours on 2 of these without ever having the oil changed, filling the tank on a diesel generator with gasoline???? Is this normal or do we just have an overabundance of ignorance? in my area????

View attachment 30582 View attachment 30583 View attachment 30584
Some of these 'oil field outfit' employees probably go home every day and jump on an X-Box 360 or other game system to the tune of all night hours...go figure. And yeh, you'd think being in the environment they're in, someone would have some sorta 'fix it on the spot' sense about'em.

Last edited:

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
well it just got worse...they picked up the 3 diesel gensets and dropped off a 4th....it doesnt make electricity....breaker was in the off position!!!!!!!!! How much do you charge someone for 30 seconds worth of diagnostic time???
Jeez...!!! Can they dumb the situation up any more??

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is an oil field services company, they service/rebuild/replace the valves on pipelines.....i would think every employee they have would be considered "mechanically inclined" by most people

Their "give a damn" is broked.

big t double

You can call me Teddy Eastwood.....
Local time
9:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
well it just got worse...they picked up the 3 diesel gensets and dropped off a 4th....it doesnt make electricity....breaker was in the off position!!!!!!!!! How much do you charge someone for 30 seconds worth of diagnostic time???
sounds like they got dumb money to burn....put a load bank tester on it for a few minutes and hit em with your minimum shop charge.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

... hit em with your minimum shop charge.
Diagnostics on my car is charged up to an hour of labor without me ever seeing them plug my board computer onto their diagnostics laptop (I usually sit in the customers waiting room while my car gets serviced, I have a view at my car and the mechanics from there).

I agree, charge them with an hourly shop rate, or at least half.
Knowledge has value, those without knowledge pay.

Carbine

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To answer your question, yes... This behavior is "normal".
I worked for one of the largest privately owned construction contractors in the United States.

Same stuff as you see here...

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

add a 50 dollar retard fee to the bill