High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Organizing the shop

kjmatson

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
How do you guys keep your shops organized. I have crap everywhere and need some ideas before my brain sizzles and pops looking at this mess lol. Thanks

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

kjmatson

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you for all the great ideas guys, I really appreciate it. I'm gonna get started after work and finish it Friday I have off.

kjmatson

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What do you guys use for shop vacs? I'm going to set up a little spot for doing port work and need a good shop vac overall. I was looking at the 5 gallon rigid at home depot, but wondered if I should go bigger

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
5 gal for home use seems good. If you get a bigger one you clean them out less.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
1:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do you guys use for shop vacs? I'm going to set up a little spot for doing port work and need a good shop vac overall. I was looking at the 5 gallon rigid at home depot, but wondered if I should go bigger

My shop vacs are pretty old. I used to buy the Sears ones (made by Emerson Electric?) that became the HD Rigid ones.

But, back to your question, the larger capacity shop vacs (e.g. '16 gallon') usually had more powerful motors and higher suction. They also came with the larger diameter hoses, which I liked for picking up wood chips. But the physical size made them clumsy, so I settled on the '12 gallon' size

I have 3: one, in the basement; one in the garage; and a third that I guess I got at a garage sale as a spare. I like they are all the same, so they use the same filters, etc.

So, check the HP ratings, and consider what you plan to suck up with them: dust, wood chips, water, etc. You may also want more than one, in different locations, or for different applications, and how much room you can devote to them.

Philbert

Xr650jkallen

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The rigid ones are awesome shop vacs. The actual shop-vac brand that they have at lowes are hit or miss throw away ones in my experience.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl sells a great vac. I don’t believe they manufacture it but it works excellent & is super quiet. They are a bit pricey though. The one I used was an
SE121 I believe.

Gebada22

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Love the rolling wire metal shelves from Costco. Heavy duty and easy to move for cleaning. Ditto the peg board comment.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do you guys keep your shops organized. I have crap everywhere and need some ideas before my brain sizzles and pops looking at this mess lol. Thanks

Ain't shops supposed be a big stink'n mess????
If it's all your mess you should still be able to find things alright...... it's when the kids start stirring it up that I get lost!