Trader history (0)

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Kind of a story with this bar here.

I ordered it from left coast as a 50 gauge bar and just used it as such with 50 gauge chains...after about 8 tanks of gas i made myself nuts because i could tell something was wrong and it was driving me crazy.

Its a 63 gauge bar that was packaged wrong and naturally after i used it i couldn't return it.

3/8x63x91 is the count on it and its has no burning or any wear really other than the logo is gone..but they wear off these bars if you look at them wrong.

Ill go 90 bucks shipped on it.

Thanks.20161116_202809.jpg

Last edited:

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looks nice.

I wish i would have paid attention when i bought it..you can see the offset from the nose on 50 gauge where as 63 just lines up with the bar rails..i was checkin my cutters and all kinds of *s-word to see what was wrong..i felt like an idiot but then i dont think i should have to check stuff like that..*s-word happens.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's not your fault Looks like you could receive a credit at least. Even if you are a pretty boy If the package says 50 and inside is not. Then that's not your fault. I wouldn't have checked either. I think a partial refund would at least be a proper gesture. At least

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would be surprised if LCS wouldn't hook a brotha up. I think you're right that most people wouldn't think check the bar to be sure it's not mislabeled.

If you haven't already, try asking them. Maybe they'll sell you the right bar for $90 shipped.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would be surprised if LCS wouldn't hook a brotha up. I think you're right that most people wouldn't think check the bar to be sure it's not mislabeled.

If you haven't already, try asking them. Maybe they'll sell you the right bar for $90 shipped.

Im not really any good at complaining..i just chalked it up to you cant take anything for granted.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its not really complaining, its just getting what you asked and paid for. I would at least give them a call and explain the situation.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its not really complaining, its just getting what you asked and paid for. I would at least give them a call and explain the situation.

I agree, i don't think it's complaining. Actually, I think that Gregg would much rather know about the situation than not know and have you bummed out. It doesn't sound like you hold it against them, but I think they'd like the opportunity to do whatever it takes to make it right. As a retailer (in a completely different industry), I know that's what I'd want. Of course, I'm not trying to twist your arm here, either. If you don't feel like it, that's fine by me.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I agree, i don't think it's complaining. Actually, I think that Gregg would much rather know about the situation than not know and have you bummed out. It doesn't sound like you hold it against them, but I think they'd like the opportunity to do whatever it takes to make it right. As a retailer (in a completely different industry), I know that's what I'd want. Of course, I'm not trying to twist your arm here, either. If you don't feel like it, that's fine by me.

I dont hold it against them at all..i dont think they open bar sleeves to see if the gauge on the bar matches the packaging description..thats oregon's fault.

It was months ago , i doubt they would do sh!t about it now.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is .063 hard to get in your area ? Is why you run the .050 ?

I axed the guy i buy my stihl stuff from one day why would stihl have all the small .325 stuff in 63 gauge here and not a 36" bar that obviously needs more oil ..he didnt really have an answer.

It still works so i dont really worry about it...i dont cut many big logs anyway..mostly pecker poles.