Ordering Stihl Parts Online

KingCobra98

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why is it so hard to locate OEM Stihl parts online? Anyone else have this problem or do you guys use your local dealer?

KingCobra98

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cuz stihl does not allow online selling, thinking their customers get better support form their dealer.
That is BS I would say.

I have a local dealer that's a pain in the butt to order parts with. They want me to prepay which is fine, but wont take a credit card over the phone, so now I need to make multiple trips just to order one part. I know, 20 or 30 years ago that was the norm, but it kind of sucks when we have the internet and their competitor has no problem doing online ordering.. I see I can order parts from the UK and I was told they only charge an extra $12 to ship to the states, so I might try that and see what happens.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a local dealer that's a pain in the butt to order parts with. They want me to prepay which is fine, but wont take a credit card over the phone, so now I need to make multiple trips just to order one part. I know, 20 or 30 years ago that was the norm, but it kind of sucks when we have the internet and their competitor has no problem doing online ordering.. I see I can order parts from the UK and I was told they only charge an extra $12 to ship to the states, so I might try that and see what happens.

Is there any other dealer around? I'm in middle of nowhere Kansas and have 4 Stihl dealers within 30 miles. Heck my dealer literally runs a shuttle around to every town around here (it's also a tractor and implement dealership) and I call, order, and when it arrives they call, I pay and they send it out on the shuttle, which lands about 300 ft from my front door. I'd check around and find a new one if I were you.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whenever I order Stihl parts from a dealer, the first question I ask is "Do you have the used part in stock?" If yes, I usually buy it for half the price and no shipping cost is involved. If no, the cost is usually outrageous.

Crocky28

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
https://www.lsengineers.co.uk

If you sign up on here you can log in and view parts diagrams and order online. They hold a decent amount of stock. Not sure of shipping costs to the US though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd say…. Someone in the past said one or both ? Do not ship out side uk/ & Europe? , and I believe it was to the USA
Feel free to ask them ..but I’m just saying don’t be disappointed.
However. If your really stuffed.. I’m sure there are members here in the uk that could assist those parts to reach other parts of the world ;)

Last edited:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the uk, as I understand, they don’t like saws un stuff to be sent via the post…. It has to be a handover thing… however once they know you/delt with you before. It seems is ok

but parts are fine through the post.