Ordered parts not coming

a. palmer jr.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a few parts I've ordered from China on ebay that sure are taking their time getting here. I'm wondering if their factories have slowed down or just the delivery system. I have had some crank seals ordered for quite a while so I ordered another bunch from a different vendor just to see what happens...

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
4:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's tracking say? If they haven't dropped them with the China post I'd be filling a claim for a refund.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put a order in late December still waiting for it.

Finnrpm

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems that they have huge backlog at container ports due to current pandemic.
Also cargo is not carried on those cancelled flights between China and rest of the world.
Modern way of doing business is that you don't have huge stocks of what you produce, you produce for the demand / paid / ordered product.
RV

Junkyard

Can’t have too many saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Strange thing here...I ordered some stuff from FT the 12th, showed shipped the 13th and were at my shop when I got home yesterday. Came from China per all the stickers on it. Some stuff is getting through.....not sure why or how.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have some stuff from china takung abwhile too. Ther is a memo on the shipping that says donto the corona virus shippong may be delayed. Or something to those lines

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
10ea2bcc231fd2e62b540df202135e90.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

BangBang77

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My company ordeeed me a new Lenovo high performance laptop so I could run AutoCAD and Solidworks on March 5. It was only supposed to take 2-3 weeks but I was notified this week the delivery date from China has been pushed out to July.

Global economy...sure, great idea.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a few parts I've ordered from China on ebay that sure are taking their time getting here. I'm wondering if their factories have slowed down or just the delivery system. I have had some crank seals ordered for quite a while so I ordered another bunch from a different vendor just to see what happens...
Get used to the long wait I've ordered a few parts from my local Stihl dealer two weeks ago and sounds like I'll be waiting for a while longer.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys are farking nuts. I wouldn’t let that shirt in my house for love nor money. Let alone my saws...
Agreed although I'm guilty of buying AM parts but for about two months or so if I can't get it from the us then I go straight to the dealership it's just to much of a risk to order anything outside of the country right now.......

Junkyard

Can’t have too many saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You guys are farking nuts. I wouldn’t let that shirt in my house for love nor money. Let alone my saws...

Well in a saw you’re making a living with, no. Experimenting and teaching it’s perfect for that. If she blows up I’m not out much. As far as germs go that package doesn’t concern me near as much as other people lol.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On a slightly different subject, I have random odds and ends to order, bar, chains, saw parts new and used. I'd like to get from vendors here if they are interested. I got stuff from Spike before, but it got to be a hassle for him. I run a machine a welding shop with a sales dept so I understand the challenges of taking an hour to find and order something and sell it for $15. Doesn't work. Also, hard to keep everything in stock. So what do you guys suggest? Post up wanted list? Buy whatever from wherever it can be found? I have used madsen's but if they don't have the part in stock, gotta wait a long time...which now that I think about it, I will probably be using my running saws this winter and won't be back in the AC working on them til next summer...

Tanks

a. palmer jr.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put an order in from Huztl on October 2nd and it still hasn't arrived. I emailed the vendor tonight requesting a refund and they replied that according to their tracking the item left Indianapolis yesterday so with a little luck this order only took two months to get here. I've ordered from other vendors in China and their parts got here in about two weeks...Maybe I'll try vendors other than Huztl if I need to order anything from China..