High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Old titan40 chainsaw.

pierrealx

New OPE Member
Local time
12:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hello, new on the forum I contact you from France hope to have some help. I have an old titan chainsaw, I think model 40, but nothing is certain and I do not know how to differentiate this model from the 60. I was planning to restart this machine. It was given to me because according to the previous owner it was blocked. As I dismantled it, I quickly realized that it was the piston that was involved, it was stuck in the cylinder in the high position. After having succeeded in making it come down again to free it from the cylinder with wd40, this one presented small breaks in its lower part and the segmentation rings seemed totally stuck and filed against it. In trying to remove them they inevitably broke dead. Impossible to re-engage either the piston in the cylinder whose diameter seems to have shrunk. Or maybe it is the piston which is dilated. I am in a bind because the machine looks fabulous and I can hardly find a used piston and cylinder with the piston rings. You have to believe that it no longer exists. Do you have any tricks to DIY this? Adaptable parts, or spare parts on hand? Thank you

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
5:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The piston cannot expand and the cylinder cannot shrink.
I would have to assume there is transfer from the piston on the cylinder walls or the damage to the piston is the cause for it not going back into the bore.
If there are cracks in the piston, it is already garbage.
As far as obtaining parts, I can't say, but would assume only used parts will be obtainable.

pierrealx

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would have to assume there is transfer from the piston on the cylinder walls or the damage to the piston is the cause for it not going back into the bore.
As far as obtaining parts, I can't say, but would assume only used parts will be obtainable.

pierrealx

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you, I have no cracks on it, but acrocs at its base at the connecting rod. He must have been typing something. It also seems to no longer slide properly in the cylinder, even when empty without segmentation, the head does not pass. It rubs a lot on the inner wall of the cylinder from the first few millimeters. If I forcibly rearrange it it may get stuck inside once again so I won't try. Rather, should the bore of the cylinder or the piston be redone? Thank you