High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Old Sears Craftsman 358-355051 runs good, worth keeping?

livemusic

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I paid $25 at an estate sale for a Sears Craftsman 358-355051, whatever that is. Only things I have come up with... one webpage said it is 1987 vintage; another said it was made by Poulan.

It has one nut to adjust the chain and I don't see a screw to turn so you can move the bar in and out to tighten the chain. Do you just pull the bar manually in and out after loosening the nut?

It has an on/off switch and also a choke lever.

I don't see a chain brake.

I couldn't start it, poured the old fuel out and added new fuel and got it running great.

Wondering if it is worth keeping. It's a small saw, nice weight for limbing and it appears to have been used very little. I guess the latter could be bad. But it runs good. But if I can't find parts down the way, it doesn't seem smart to keep it. Do you think these saws are crap?

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
5:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Betting micro series poulan.
Should have tensioner in case and out the front to adjust.

Go anywhere from free-30

livemusic

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, it doesn't run so good, lol. I tried to cut a small limb just for a test and it died. I need to fiddle with it some more, but it continued to do that... die when trying to cut. It revs up good otherwise.

dougand3

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably needs new fuel filter, fuel line and carb cleaning/rebuild with kit. If carb kit doesn't do it...you can adapt an MS170/180 carb to work after removing choke and grinding down the Idle screw to fit under the carb cover.