High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Old back pack blower

Kacher

OPE Member
Local time
8:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Someone gave me a Troy Bilt TB25BP Blower that has been sitting with some old gas in it.
The carb MC9287MD150, is obsolete, but there is one on Amazon for $35. The fuel lines are sort of hard, but not cracked. I can replace that, and the spark plug. Fuel filter and air filter all the usual stuff. Would it be worth fixing or to the scrap heap? All the pipes are good. Hardly looks as though it had been used. It feels as if it has good compression. I have not done a compression test yet.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
7:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I received one in remington colors not long ago. It looked absolutely mint. But the fan was spun. I would give it a good solid checking over before I put any $ into it. Might turn out to be a gem. But could also be a heartbreaker. I got lucky and was able to fabracoble a different fan onto mine. But have learned my lesson and don't devote any real time or $ to off brand stuff anymore.

Good luck

Steven

Deeres

New OPE Member
Local time
8:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Well worth fixing it. Replace the gas lines as the older lines leach elastomer into the carb jets not to mention having loss of suction or fuel flow issues.