High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

OK so how do I know ...

Mojo700

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
if I'm hitting the rev limiter or if my high speed carb adjustment is off?
I have an Eric Copsey ported/tuned Dolmar 6100 that runs very strong. I'm trying to dial in the carb for the warm weather now and I can't tell if the "burbling" at WOT is the carb or the limiter. I love the saw, it's exactly what I was looking for - more power than a stock 70cc class saw with the weight/handling of a 60cc saw. But I'm not confident that the carb is dialed in, and I want to be sure it's not running lean once we start getting into cooler weather.
A more direct question would be, how do I tell the difference between lean, rich and hitting rev limiter when it's burbling?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a hard time with my ported 6100. So I resorted to a tach. Their is some cheap hard wired ones that work good.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
if I'm hitting the rev limiter or if my high speed carb adjustment is off?
I have an Eric Copsey ported/tuned Dolmar 6100 that runs very strong. I'm trying to dial in the carb for the warm weather now and I can't tell if the "burbling" at WOT is the carb or the limiter. I love the saw, it's exactly what I was looking for - more power than a stock 70cc class saw with the weight/handling of a 60cc saw. But I'm not confident that the carb is dialed in, and I want to be sure it's not running lean once we start getting into cooler weather.
A more direct question would be, how do I tell the difference between lean, rich and hitting rev limiter when it's burbling?

Richen it up a hair. Run it in a fair sized log, lean it out until the "burbles" go away and you have it. Should burble as soon as you lift it out of the cut and go away as you resume cutting.

Mojo700

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think I have it on the safe side of lean, may not be optimal, but I'll have to wait for cooler weather to determine that, thanks guys.
What RPM should a ported 6100 be turning? I have enough small engines around that a tiny tach would be worth getting.