High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Oil filters. Vehicle/equipment on hand stock.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
9:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So. Been having to chase down and replenish stock on filters for work. Figured I had already done the same for my own personal stock.

So what's your thinking on how many of what to have on hand for various vehicles and equipment you operate?

Ever had a custom adapter made to use the same filter on several different types of equipment? Just got done with that. Now all my mowers and atvs use the same #pn. No more five different filters for six machines
:aaaaa:

Steven

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
10:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I kept a few changes for the vehicle prior to having a company vehicle. Now my personal stuff only gets changed once a year so I quit stocking up. Just noticed today in the parts store that the Mobil one special that was $30 last time is now $40. Wonderful times we’re living in…

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hoard oil and filters. Both my trucks take the same filter. No idea why I do these things but I got my oil back when rotella was 10 11 ish a gallon (t4). Got 10 gallon
10 gallon of Napa 15-40
5 gallon bucket car quest 15-40
I had more but that’s approximately current stock.

buy Baldwin filters by the case. Ended up with 2 cases. That was an odd eBay thing.

I bought a case from a guy from eBay. Personal seller. Covid hit. Never got my stuff. Let it go for 6 months. Sent a very polite email asking if him and his family were ok during current life conditions. No response. A week later filters arrived. I had already bought a case of the gold can grams so yeah. Pretty heavy on filters. They fit everything at work so it’s cool

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hoard oil and filters. Both my trucks take the same filter. No idea why I do these things but I got my oil back when rotella was 10 11 ish a gallon (t4). Got 10 gallon
10 gallon of Napa 15-40
5 gallon bucket car quest 15-40
I had more but that’s approximately current stock.

buy Baldwin filters by the case. Ended up with 2 cases. That was an odd eBay thing.

I bought a case from a guy from eBay. Personal seller. Covid hit. Never got my stuff. Let it go for 6 months. Sent a very polite email asking if him and his family were ok during current life conditions. No response. A week later filters arrived. I had already bought a case of the gold can grams so yeah. Pretty heavy on filters. They fit everything at work so it’s cool

Sounds familiar. Very familiar. Think I've got more than enough on hand to last the life of some of my vehicles. It's definitely a big upfront cost, but saves huge in the long run. Think the oil filters that fit three of my vehicles were only 2.25 when you bought them in case quantity. I bought three cases....... Already used one case down to two left. Thought I was nuts buying that many. Now I wish I would have bought a couple more. Same filter is nine bucks now.

Think I have 30-35 gal various 5-30 and 10-30 on hand. And 15 gal 5-40 diesel oil for the tractor. 20ish some gal of atf. 10 gal 80/90. Three cases dolmar synthetic saw oil and......

Steven

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw oil probably a couple gallons. It’ll last years at this point. It’s possible I’m a hoarder. It seems to have gotten worse since the whole Covid deal where I couldn’t just go get what I wanted at any given time

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve just been looking for online sales on anything I can find that I need that doesn’t go bad. I bought a case of Baldwin filters for 7.50 a piece of Amazon before Covid and I’m set on two types of saw chain for the next decade and I have about as much stored up in 2t oil. I’m not stocked up on everything yet but if I see something that I will end up needing, for a good price, I’ll grab it.

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve just been looking for online sales on anything I can find that I need that doesn’t go bad. I bought a case of Baldwin filters for 7.50 a piece of Amazon before Covid and I’m set on two types of saw chain for the next decade and I have about as much stored up in 2t oil. I’m not stocked up on everything yet but if I see something that I will end up needing, for a good price, I’ll grab it.

The good price thing. That's what started it all for me. I like it when mobil, valvoline, citgo do their oil rebates. Makes a big dent in the upfront cost. They pay pretty well.

I'm thrilled that I can stop buying the special filters for my suzuki powered quads now. So nice being able to use something more common. Wish I could do it to other engines, but not practical or if it was not safe.

Steven