High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Now that's what I call a clearing saw

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I know not technically a chainsaw, but it's engine is bigger than some of them!

Picked up this fs500 clearing saw last week, been sat for 10 some years with a broken clutch.

I didn't take any pictures of the strip down (sorry) as I was too excited to get it running. Piston and cylinder are absolutely spotless, still has machining marks on the piston. Picked up a NOS clutch assy off the bay of 'E' rebuilt the carb and filled it with 32:1 saber mix and she fired up. Bit of carb tuning and all I can say is wow!! What a beast!!

IMG_3099.JPG IMG_3100.JPG IMG_3101.JPG

I'm thinking of ordering a brush destructor for it, http://brushdestructor.com/ as This will more than suit my needs.

Picked it up for £80, I'm thinking I did pretty darn good?

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
2:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd say you did. That's a piece of equipment.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thats a proper job....:thumbsup:

Homelite410

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sweet! I have a Jonsered RS52E to get going, it's a 52sp on a brush cutter and it is a boss!

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's actually a little scary to run, I've just managed to score my own woodland however the brush in there is absolutely horrendous, I'm thinking this monster should get it cleared out in no time!!

Once I get the blade assembly sorted and a decent guard for it I'll try and get some action videos. They sure don't make them like this any more!!

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I went on a road trip today and managed to buy the 2nd of the 2 FR 350 backpack clearing saws from the dealer that got it way back in the early 2000's when I got mine .There were only 2 of these sold in Canada by Stihl so I have them both now .
It's the same as the machine in my avatar , and this one has only seen light use compared to mine . I was happy to get it and the price was right too .

Also picked up a very lightly used 028 AV points ingnition) with the cast tank and no chain brake . Fellows father bought it back in the late 70's and hardly used it .

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If you have the right harness for those and they are balanced right they actually are quite the machine . I used one clearing some big stuff in a wooded area , the owner had the same machine .
Lots of power for sure !

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have two bicycle handle machines. A 34cc Castor(Alpina) and a 40cc Efco. The right harness makes a huge difference.

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had one of these and gave it to an AS member, too big fo me, I think its an 08s engine. Very very heavy.
BBB
View attachment 36598

I had one of those suckers as my first saw when I was pre-teen, they're heavy, ugly and god damn thirsty but sweet mother those things are indestructible. I must have straight gassed it Once a month and that thing refused to die

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know not technically a chainsaw, but it's engine is bigger than some of them!

Picked up this fs500 clearing saw last week, been sat for 10 some years with a broken clutch.

I didn't take any pictures of the strip down (sorry) as I was too excited to get it running. Piston and cylinder are absolutely spotless, still has machining marks on the piston. Picked up a NOS clutch assy off the bay of 'E' rebuilt the carb and filled it with 32:1 saber mix and she fired up. Bit of carb tuning and all I can say is wow!! What a beast!!

View attachment 36563 View attachment 36564 View attachment 36565

I'm thinking of ordering a brush destructor for it, http://brushdestructor.com/ as This will more than suit my needs.

Picked it up for £80, I'm thinking I did pretty darn good?

so you mind me asking what it cost ya

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
so you mind me asking what it cost ya
£80 :D:D:D

Then the clutch cost £35, carb kit was a couple of quid, bit the parts for the cutting head - thrust plate, thrust washer, rider etc cost about £50 or more, these big beasties are expensive for parts but worth it.

I think all in all with fuel to pick her up she stands me at £190 with the new stihl shredder blade I have on the way until I place an order with the Aussie company for one of those brush destructors

Not bad considering the nearest new equivalent - the fs490 C - costs a grand! And I bet this old sucker will last longer, hardly any plastic in sight:pesas:

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great score They are a cracking clearing saw when we where brashing the forests the guys who where clearing the vegation around the young trees had these and like you say built to last

Last edited: