Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
3:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yet, didn't you say a bit back that you wanted to go to Bonaroo??? I'd think that would be worse, what with the THC in the air and all.

I've been to Bonnaroo 4 or 5 times. We work our asses off there selling fish tacos and fajitas. But yeah.......lots of weed being smoked.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
4:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't wanna go either. I'm a recovering (notice I never say recovered) addict and alcoholic, and the thoughts of being trapped on a boat with a bunch of drinking scared the hell out of me. I was fine though......it's a big boat.

Yea, that's one fear I've got, but with lisa around I'm not worried.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tell you what Kev...thats a rare thing to find here. A working Mk 1 steel brake flag on the saw it was supposed to be on.... 2x thin ring 630.
My 630 had thin rings on it too, but plastic brake handle. I bought it locked up and never ran it before I switched it to 272:(. Gave the piston and cylinder to someone in the Christmas thread. Pretty sexy saws
20160515_162430.jpg

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But you bought fook you and fook me as runners
Yep. Lol. Couldn't pass that one up. Guy I sold one to uses it almost every day and loves it. The 2nd one owes me nothing

There not that pretty i agree, but finding J red parts is not easy in the uk so as its a all original saw i left well alone.

View attachment 53154
They aren't all that available here either, sadly. I'd rather have a metal flag like yours than none at all though. My brake band is broken and I've never seen my style of band for sale new or used. I'd have to get the husky cover and paint it red

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Yep. Lol. Couldn't pass that one up. Guy I sold one to uses it almost every day and loves it. The 2nd one owes me nothing

They aren't all that available here either, sadly. I'd rather have a metal flag like yours than none at all though. My brake band is broken and I've never seen my style of band for sale new or used. I'd have to get the husky cover and paint it red
The cut down cover never appealed with a working brake on the saw. Parts for the 600 jr and the 100/200 husq saws are getting a pain to find so most of my older saws tend to be low users now or sold on to fund new saws.

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The cut down cover never appealed with a working brake on the saw. Parts for the 600 jr and the 100/200 husq saws are getting a pain to find so most of my older saws tend to be low users now or sold on to fund new saws.
I've heard of cutting the back portion off to make it match, never done one though. I've also read where it's not necessary to cut it off, and it still fits right. Probably work ok if the paint was stripped and had it powder coated to match

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Makes me want to be 15 again.

Tat-Amelia-062916.jpg

A county judge accepted a guilty plea Friday from Amelia Tat, the former Jack Jouett Middle School teacher who was arrested last June and charged with three counts of carnal knowledge of a minor and one count of taking indecent liberties with a child. Two of those charges were dropped, but Tat still faces a 10-year maximum prison sentence on each of the charges to which she has pleaded guilty.

Tat, 27, was a science teacher at Jack Jouett during the 2014-15 school year. It was during the latter half of that school year that Tat began communicating with one of her students via social media sites like Instagram and Snapchat, prosecutor Darby Lowe revealed on Friday. She intimated in those communications that she had developed feelings for the student, and began asking him personal questions.

At one point, Tat asked the student to “stay late and help her” with something after class, at which time they had sexual intercourse. The victim was between the ages of 13 and 15 at the time, Lowe said.

It is unclear where exactly the encounter occurred and whether it took place in Tat’s classroom; while Lowe said it occurred in Albemarle County, she did not specify and would not elaborate when asked after the hearing. A spokesman for the county school system also declined to comment on the matter.

The following September, the victim in the case was at a baseball tournament in Lynchburg, where Tat has an apartment. Tat picked up the victim from one of the games, took him out to eat and then back to her apartment, where they again had sex, Lowe said.

The relationship came to light when the mother of the victim found text messages from Tat on her son’s phone and discovered there was “something going on” between them. She contacted authorities on June 22, and Tat was arrested a short time later. While she initially denied the claims, she later confessed.

Because the offenses occurred in both Albemarle County and the city of Lynchburg, Tat faced charges in each jurisdiction. Per the new agreement, the carnal knowledge charge from the Lynchburg encounter has been dropped, as has the indecent liberties charge

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

What do you use to paint over the husky orange? I was thinking of dying mine black.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I've heard of cutting the back portion off to make it match, never done one though. I've also read where it's not necessary to cut it off, and it still fits right. Probably work ok if the paint was stripped and had it powder coated to match
I think you have to reproduce the angle at the back of the cover to match the ally handle as the Husq one is square (ish) and covers the ally handle. Thats what Spike 60 (Bob) and Walt mentioned in a vid on the Husq /J red group of saws. If you havnt seen it ...worth looking for on Walts youtube channel ..they did a "saw collage" vid.

Status
Not open for further replies.