High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

SOLD NOS Stihl 044 Crankcase

• Thread starter Thread starter NewToStihl
  • Start date Start date
Trader history (0)

N

NewToStihl

I have a new old stock Stihl 044 crankcase. This is the screw-cap version and I believe it to be for a saw with a 12mm wrist pin. This includes both case halves with the bearings already installed. As you can see in the photos it comes in the original packaging. This item is obviously no longer available from the factory.

Stihl part number is 1128 020 2103.

Price is $200 + the actual cost of shipping & insurance. Payment via PayPal Friends & Family or add 3.5%. Shipping will be through the most economical carrier unless the buyer has a specific request otherwise. I am willing to ship internationally.

Straight sale preferred, but I will consider trade offers for either 1106/1109 series Stihl items, or something with a value higher than my cash price that I can flip.

Thank you.

IMG_8100.JPG IMG_8102.JPG IMG_8103.JPG IMG_8104.JPG IMG_8105.JPG

N

NewToStihl

99.9999% sure that's for a 10 mm saw. By the part number, and by looking at the case.

What features tell you that? I bought it because I thought it was for a 10mm based solely on the part number, but the only two indicators I've "known" in the past weren't there after I got it out of the box. The fan cover screw holes are not the small ones and the impulse nipple sticks straight out, not at an angle.

What are the hard & fast key indicators on a case with no serial numbers??

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This picture is from a thread @[URL='http://opeforum.com/members/definitive-dave.297/']Definitive Dave did on 10 mm vs 12mm case I.D. Look at the area with the red square. [/URL]

12mm%20vs%2010mm_zps6ixy1hvi.jpg

Not all 10mm 044's had the small recoil fan cover screws, only the early ones had them small screws. At some point in the 10mm production run they switched to using 5mm screws, on both the recoil and top shroud.

Also not all 10 mm 044's had impulse nipple at an angle, only the early ones were like that. At some point in the 10mm production run the nipple sticks straight out.

Who likes nipples at a angle anyways....straight out perky nipples is more bestest :)

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
7:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
You can put either crank in the case with 5 mm screws.i know this cuz i have 2 044 saws i built one with a 10 mm crank one with a 12 mm crank and my 10 mm saw has the later serial number.the cases were updated before the cranks were updated.that being said on a complete saw sure way to tell if in doubt pull topend mic the wristpin